Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Question regarding traffic to Vegas from Cali on a Friday night and Vegas to Cali:

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding traffic to Vegas from Cali on a Friday night and Vegas to Cali:

Question regarding traffic to Vegas from Cali on a Friday night and Vegas to Cali on Sunday night:
    Going to Vegas for a conference. If I fly into LAX, I'll save about $400 on air, but would have to drive to Vegas on Friday the 10th for my conference which is the 11th & 12th. The upside, is I could fly out of LAX to go home, so I get the whole day of the 15th at DLR. If I fly to Vegas, I would be driving to LA on Monday the 13th and have to drive back to Vegas on Wednesday night the 15th for a Red eye back home that leaves at 1:55 am, and it's $400 more.
    I'm worried about traffic getting to Vegas from Cali and vice versa. Is the traffic still a nightmare driving to Vegas from Cali on Fridays? What about on Sundays nights to Cali from Vegas? What about if I left late -- like early Saturday morning around 1-2am o go to Vegas and then did the same going from Vegas to Cali? Please help. This is a last minute trip for business and I'm trying to squeeze a little Disney pleasure in.
    Thanks!

Re: Question regarding traffic to Vegas from Cali on a Friday night and Vegas to Cali

Okay, we live in Vegas and as far as I know the drive through San Bernardino through the Cajon Pass on Friday afternoons-late night is still pretty much grid locked! Sunday from Vegas to Cali is usually not too bad if you leave before 5 pm I've noticed. For some reason its always the drive to Las Vegas that's super horrible.

Basically, I think if your drive is early morning through mid afternoon you are probably okay. I've also noticed its about 4 hour drive from Cali to LV on reg traffic and about 3.5 hour drive from LV to Cali (again on regular traffic).

And since you said you're in for a Convention, if you decide to fly instead of driving and need a cab you can call my husband, he's a honest and decent guy so you don't get long hauled and you'd be able to talk to a fellow Disneyland lover! Just pm me and I can give you his number if you're interested, he works days!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X