Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Best beach near Disneyland?

I'm planning on going to a SoCal beach during my next trip to the DLR. I'm going on a Thursday, and I'm looking for a relatively close, clean, family friendly beach with places to eat. I've heard that Huntington, Seal, and Newport were all good ones, but I can't narrow it down. Entry fees aren't a problem.

Also, how should I get to the beach from Disneyland? Cab ride? I won't have a car and I'm not sure about transportation. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!
    "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things." --Walt Disney

Re: Best beach near Disneyland?

Huntington Beach will be your best bet. Lots of nice sandy beach, Main St by the Pier has plenty to offer for food (in fact there is a great diner called Ruby's that is out on the end of the Pier) and HB is probably the closest to the park.

Ruby's Diner - rubys.com Great Food, very fun place to eat.

I live in Huntington and its about a 25 minute drive to Disneyland from right down near the beach.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

I vote for Newport/Balboa or Laguna. Great beaches all over OC.

Comment

Just you?
        If so, then take 50 bus west to any of the following:
        1. Brookhurst St, then take 35 bus down to beach.
        2. Magnolia Ave, then take 33 bus down to beach.
        3. Beach Blvd, then take 29 bus down to beach.

Down there, you can rent skates/blades/bike, and go up and down the beach to your heart's content.

Disclaimer: there are hazards to taking the bus. Different from hazards of driving, but hazards nonetheless. I'll leave the specific hazards to the OC-dwelling folks.

Ah: I see your from the east coast, where entry fees are popular on "the shore" to keep out the riff and the raff. There are no entry fees for our beaches. They are free for all to enjoy. You might encounter riffs and or raffs as a result. If you drive, you might have to pay for parking.

Comment

Newport Beach is my favorite. Even though it is further south than Huntington it is still going to take the same amount of time to get to this beach (it's a little closer to the freeway) so the choice is yours.

The areas of Newport Beach that I suggest are around either the Newport Pier or Balboa Pier, or Corona del Mar State Beach located in the area of Newport Beach known obviously as Corona del Mar. This beach is divided by Big Corona to the north and Little Corona to the south.

Laguna is nice but a bit further south. Basic rule of thumb is the beaches get gradually nicer as you go south in OC. Not that Huntington isn't bad, but generally speaking this is the case.

Comment

how should I get to the beach from Disneyland? Cab ride? I won't have a car and I'm not sure about transportation.
            "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things." --Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
              Laguna is nice but a bit further south. Basic rule of thumb is the beaches get gradually nicer as you go south in OC. Not that Huntington isn't bad, but generally speaking this is the case.
              OP is without a car. Huntington is easier to get to by bus. Rent a bike and ride down to Newport Beach.

Comment

Yeah, taking a bus would be much more affordable and it's convienent!

Comment

Q: if Newport Beach/Corona Del Mar/Laguna over Huntington Beach is critical, what buses would someone from DLr take?

Possible solution:
                  50 Bus east to State College Road/Metrolink
                  57 Bus south to Newport Transportation Center.
                  1 Bus southeast to Corona Del Mar/Laguna, or 1 bus Northwest to Newport Beach.
                  Last edited by sediment; 08-03-2011, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Another vote for Corona del Mar...a little gem in the heart of OC...check it out if you're looking for something smaller than the main beaches.
                    Down with the Hat

Comment

Of course, I vote Huntington considering that it's home. But all of the beaches here in the OC are really nice, which ever you pick you won't go wrong.

Regardless which you pick, bus would be the cheapest, cab a bit pricey. It is about 20 min. from DLR to Huntington Pier, however you have 2 good locations for cab pickup for the return trip, The Shorebreak Hotel and the Hyatt Resort. . . One thing about So Cal, Cabs are not plentiful like they are in other cities. Hope this helps!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X