X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disney's Grand Californian VS. Disneyland Hotel

Originally posted by Nancy View Post
    How much better is the senior discount? And at what age does the discount start?
    For the dates that I'm going 11/15-11/18 it saved me $223 for a premium view room over the AP discount. Not sure at what age it starts but I'll take a guess of at 55 and older. You should call and ask if your interested in booking under that rate. A lot of people don't know about that rate, I actually didn't even know. The CM that helped me was awesome. We stayed their a few years ago so our info was already in the system and the CM says oh I see your Mom qualifies for the senior discount, I can get you a better rate. I said okay. Sometimes depending on who you talk to, you get better service. I did the survey at the end of the call and YES that CM got an excellent rating!
    sigpic

Comment

The senior discount is 30%. I think it starts at age 65. GCH is my favorite place to stay.

Comment

I thought I would update for anyone who might be interested in what a "standard view" can get you.

This is the view looking directly out of our room
        Click image for larger version

Name:	i-kQPGGJX-M.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	7345062

Nice view, but if you lean over and turn left, you see this

Name:	i-Xmt4Nh3-M.jpg
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	7345063

At night it looks like this

Name:	i-6RdJ3BG-M.jpg
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	7345064

Napa Rose is 2 floors directly under us, the entrance to California Adventure is exactly 101 steps away and the entrance to Soarin is exactly 310 steps away from our hotel room door. That is so amazingly unbelievable to me. My goal is to ride Soarin first thing every morning. It's my Disney Tai Chi.

On the downside, Disneyland is a bit of a hike, but it's really not too far and I am not complaining!! I'm SO happy with this room I could bust and I am so happy to be here. Thanks for all of your advice and help.

Comment

Working...
        X