Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Looking for nicer hotel that's quiet and close...any suggestions?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking for nicer hotel that's quiet and close...any suggestions?

The Hilton is nice but it is a bit of a pain to have to walk to and from Toy Story. We did like that it had a food court and Starbucks and a very nice rooftop pool area..

Our favorite nicer yet affordable place to stay is the Doubletree on City Drive. It has a free shuttle that isn't shared with other hotels and it is a short ride to the park. The staff is extra friendly, too.

I really like the Hyatt but they are very expensive.

I wonder which hotel the OP chose.

Comment

Getawaytoday is great! i have booked several vacations over the years with them and have never had an issue!
      A very nice place to stay that i have not seen mentioned is the Hotel Menage! I have stayed there the past 3 times now and they have given me a great deal everytime. I walk to the park from there but its a little further than the HO JO. But the ART does stop at this hotel.
      If anyone is interested, PM me and i will give you a contact at the hotel for a discount.
      Props to Poisonedapples for the cool sig!

Comment

I second the Camelot inn. It was a 7 minute walk from the gates, even at night with sore feet. The rooms were basic, but clean and had plenty of towels, pillows, and higher quality soaps and shampoos. I didn't have the continental breakfast, but they do have one.

Unfortunately, as with most hotels within walking distance, they have exterior corridors so staying farther back means a quieter room, but also more walking. Not sure you can get away from the kids though - all hotels, from economy to upscale, have a lot of families staying there.

Comment

Working...
        X