Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

The Bear Pit - Mission Hills

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bear Pit - Mission Hills

http://www.bearpitbbq.com/

I know, sounds like a place where gay bears hang out. And although I have seen some bears there, it's really a bar-b-que joint.

Now I'm not a huge fan of bar-b-que places, never have been. But The Bear Pit is really really good! And it's not bar-b-que like "everything is drowning in red bar-b-que sauce" bar-b-que. It's more a brownish sauce

The place has been there since the late 40's, and it's always, always crowded. But the wait staff is efficient enough to get everyone in and out relatively easily. They might not be the friendliest people to deal with but when you go to a place like this, you kind of expect a little waitress attitude, and I'm ok with that. Plus, there's sawdust on the floor. How can you go wrong with a place that has sawdust on the floor!

My favorite is the pulled pork sandwich on their garlic toast. It's awesome. It's messy. It's terrific! If you don't have juice dripping down your hands, you aren't doing it right (ok that sounded durty :evil: )

If you are heading north out of LA and are at the northern end of the SFValley, and are craving a little bar-b-que, exit the 405 and make your way to The Bear Pit. You won't be sorry.
    ***** - Loved It
    50.00%
    **** - Liked It
    0.00%
    *** - OK
    50.00%
    ** - Didn't Like
    0.00%
    * - Hated It
    0.00%

Re: The Bear Pit - Mission Hills

What is the sauce like? You said it wasn't red. Is it more like a gravy?

The place looks really neat. Love those old joins from the 30's, 40's, 50's.

Comment

Um, I'll have to disagree.
      I usually have a long "reading session" after a meal at the Bear Pit.

Comment

Maybe there's something in the sauce that disagrees with you. A spice or something. My family and friends have eaten there for, well, eons it seems and haven't ever had an issue.

The sauce is redd-ish, but not as RED as you might think a bar-b-que sauce is. That's why I said it's more on the brown side. It's definitely not gravy.

Comment

Originally posted by Olympicnut View Post

The sauce is redd-ish, but not as RED as you might think a bar-b-que sauce is. That's why I said it's more on the brown side. It's definitely not gravy.
          So it is definitely a sweet-ish BBQ sauce, just not as red as, say, the bottled stuff in the grocery store.

(I'm not a BBQ sauce stalker. It is just that my hubby was crazy about this certain kind of BBQ sauce at a restaurant we used to go to, but they closed. He has been on the lookout for that sauce ever since! It was more tex-mex sauce with a hint of cumin and chili powder. I hated it. He loved it.)

Comment

Sweet. Yes, that it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Olympicnut View Post
              Maybe there's something in the sauce that disagrees with you. A spice or something. My family and friends have eaten there for, well, eons it seems and haven't ever had an issue.

No idea what it is. It might be my menu choice. I haven't been in ages, preceisely for this reason.
              And I don't have a weak system, either.

Comment

peoplemover1 has taken me to the Bear Pit a couple times. It's really quite good - and I'm no fan of BBQ.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Poll Added
                  MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                  Save

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X