Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is the Anaheim Hilton?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

    Can we request to not be by elevators or ice and for a room with a park view or is that being rude since we got it on priceline?

    Comment


    • #22
      Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

      Originally posted by Tracy98 View Post
      Can we request to not be by elevators or ice and for a room with a park view or is that being rude since we got it on priceline?
      you can call and request whatever you want, but they are only requests and not always honored.

      I always request two queen beds. I have found out the earliest you can get to the hotel and preregister the better the chances are you will get what you want.

      Comment


      • #23
        Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

        Originally posted by Tracy98 View Post
        Can we request to not be by elevators or ice and for a room with a park view or is that being rude since we got it on priceline?

        In my view, you are a guest. Period. You should receive the same level of customer service as any other guest, no matter what deal you got on the rate.

        That said, I know that when I make special requests for anything (park view, not near the ice machines or elevators) I always feel guilty about it. Why? I have no idea. I just am weird about it. I think I am always afraid that they will say no, which will upset me, and then I will regret asking. I know that's silly of me, but there you have it.

        However, bed size? I don't feel guilty requesting what I want. I'm sorry, but I do NOT want two Queens. I want a King. I hate when they can't at least give me the size bed I want.

        Not to stray too far off topic, let me add that this did not happen at the Anaheim Hilton. As you can see, we got the King size bed. And it was quite comfy! The linens were wonderful and the bathroom was spacious and very nice.










        Comment


        • #24
          Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

          Originally posted by disneyballerina View Post

          However, bed size? I don't feel guilty requesting what I want. I'm sorry, but I do NOT want two Queens. I want a King. I hate when they can't at least give me the size bed I want.
          If I were going with my Bf I would get a king, but I don't like sharing a bed with relatives or people I don't know well. My daughter and I have shared a bed before, but she kicks and hits. It's much better for us to have two queens. She is 16 now and appreciates her own bed as well.

          Comment


          • #25
            Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

            Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
            If I were going with my Bf I would get a king, but I don't like sharing a bed with relatives or people I don't know well. My daughter and I have shared a bed before, but she kicks and hits. It's much better for us to have two queens. She is 16 now and appreciates her own bed as well.
            Definitely better to have 2 Queens when room sharing. ^

            My kids tend to jump in with me, so if we have 2 Queens, it's rather pathetic when all 3 of us are crammed in together. )










            Comment


            • #26
              Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

              Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
              you can call and request whatever you want, but they are only requests and not always honored.








              Of course there's always my way...

              Slip the CM a twenty when you request a specific room in the Sierra Tower (for example). Works every time!

              Probably works for requests in the other Hotels too. In fact, I'm sure that it does.

              (Gets you extra cookies upon checking into the Doubletree too...hehe)

              Comment


              • #27
                Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

                Originally posted by PirateMickey View Post
                Of course there's always my way...

                Slip the CM a twenty when you request a specific room in the Sierra Tower (for example). Works every time!

                Probably works for requests in the other Hotels too. In fact, I'm sure that it does.

                (Gets you extra cookies upon checking into the Doubletree too...hehe)
                yeah, I always get two queen beds without slipping cash. Also the GCH honored my request and our room was ready at noon without slipping cash. I gave out enough cash just getting luggage moved around.

                Come to think of it we usually getting upgraded to suites in vegas just by asking. I'll keep your tip in mind for something that is really a must have for me.

                Sometimes there's only so much they can do. For instance our san diego hotel was a non smoking room request, but we didn't check in until 1am and all the rooms were already taken leaving us on the smoking floor. I try to get there early now.

                Comment


                • #28
                  Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

                  Yeah, it definitely helps by checking in early.

                  We've never been denied any type of beds or that type of request (w/o having to slip them some $$), but when we ask for the Sierra Tower after they have told us that we will be staying elsewhere, then I'll ask politely for the "upgrade". If it appears to be a struggle, out comes the cash. I'm sure with what they (don't) get paid, they appreciate the gesture.

                  Way too many times I have seen guests in there arguing over trivial issues and making them into federal cases. Usually somebody looking for something for nothing...

                  Some people are just plain rude.

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

                    Originally posted by PirateMickey View Post
                    I'll ask politely for the "upgrade". If it appears to be a struggle, out comes the cash. I'm sure with what they (don't) get paid, they appreciate the gesture.

                    Way too many times I have seen guests in there arguing over trivial issues and making them into federal cases. Usually somebody looking for something for nothing...

                    Some people are just plain rude.
                    I have never thought to slip money at a hotel front desk! I may have to try this one PM!!!

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

                      I called this hotel today and they have newly renovated rooms that have balconies....the price is nearly double what I have for Hojo, however, I'd pay it if I thought it was SO much nicer.

                      Scubabe..you've stayed at both...which would you choose?? Between the "home office" room at Hojo and this one?

                      Sorry guys---I am a PITA!!!!!!!

                      Comment


                      • #31
                        Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

                        I don't think I can help here. I have stayed at both, but my Ho-Jo visit was so long ago that my opinion is 10 years outdated.

                        At the time I remember freeway noise and hearing the ice machine. The room seemed old and dirty.

                        I've heard it's pretty nice now.

                        Of course, not Hilton-nice, but also not Hilton-price.

                        How much time do you usually spend in the room?










                        Comment


                        • #32
                          Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

                          Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
                          I called this hotel today and they have newly renovated rooms that have balconies....the price is nearly double what I have for Hojo, however, I'd pay it if I thought it was SO much nicer.

                          Scubabe..you've stayed at both...which would you choose?? Between the "home office" room at Hojo and this one?

                          Sorry guys---I am a PITA!!!!!!!
                          The home office and room I stayed in was about 3 years ago. The hilton was about a year ago. The rooms were about the same. I would stay in whatever one is cheaper as long as I did not get stuck in the crappy sky lighted room at hojo's.

                          Comment


                          • #33
                            Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

                            Originally posted by disneyballerina View Post
                            How much time do you usually spend in the room?






                            That's a good point, but the time that we do spend in the room, I don't want to spend it chasing down cockroaches or wondering what kind of stain is on the furniture that I am sitting on. (eeewwwww!!!)

                            That's not the case of Hojo's, but it was the case of our stay at the Castle Inn, which AAA rated three diamonds!

                            Boy did they get an earfull from me!

                            Comment


                            • #34
                              Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

                              Originally posted by PirateMickey View Post
                              That's a good point, but the time that we do spend in the room, I don't want to spend it chasing down cockroaches or wondering what kind of stain is on the furniture that I am sitting on. (eeewwwww!!!)

                              That's not the case of Hojo's, but it was the case of our stay at the Castle Inn, which AAA rated three diamonds!

                              Boy did they get an earfull from me!
                              that was also the case at the candlewood, but we knew it was blood on the mattress and pet stains on the carpet. Well, we thought they were pet stains due to the room smelled like dirty dog.

                              Comment


                              • #35
                                Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

                                Just got this hotel for $50 a night on Priceline. Figured I'd try it out and see how it is. I sure hope I don't regret my decision, because it's paid for now. I WILL slip money, if necessary, as we get in at 4:30 PM at Long Beach airport. Ugh! May have to take an earlier flight to ensure a nicer room.

                                Comment


                                • #36
                                  Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

                                  Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
                                  Just got this hotel for $50 a night on Priceline. Figured I'd try it out and see how it is. I sure hope I don't regret my decision, because it's paid for now. I WILL slip money, if necessary, as we get in at 4:30 PM at Long Beach airport. Ugh! May have to take an earlier flight to ensure a nicer room.
                                  Hehe!

                                  BTW - How do you "slip" money to someone without it seeming pushy, like you EXPECT them to upgrade you? Anyone know?

                                  Comment


                                  • #37
                                    Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

                                    Wait - J, did you switch hotels now? So you aren't at the HoJo anymore? You crack me up!
                                    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

                                    "Do you remember in kindergarten, how you�d meet a kid,
                                    then 10 seconds later you�d be playing like you were best friends?"
                                    * * *

                                    :love:

                                    Comment


                                    • #38
                                      Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

                                      Okay Janine, you and I are at the same hotel now! I booked it for $48 last week! Are you staying there for your entire visit? If you need to find me early morning on the 4th, I'll be at Starbucks!

                                      Comment


                                      • #39
                                        Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

                                        Originally posted by disneybanks View Post
                                        Okay Janine, you and I are at the same hotel now! I booked it for $48 last week! Are you staying there for your entire visit? If you need to find me early morning on the 4th, I'll be at Starbucks!
                                        Hey, Michelle! Don't forget about me! Maybe the Hilton should be our official hotel! :lol:

                                        Comment


                                        • #40
                                          Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

                                          Originally posted by JosieGirl71 View Post
                                          Hey, Michelle! Don't forget about me! Maybe the Hilton should be our official hotel! :lol:
                                          You're staying there too?!? Oh wait, maybe I did know that. This is weird. I'm not sure where Simply Mad, Ykiki and Tinkermonkey and family are staying. This is going to be so cool!

                                          Comment

                                          Get Away Today Footer

                                          Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X