Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is the Anaheim Hilton?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #41
    Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

    Originally posted by disneybanks View Post
    You're staying there too?!? Oh wait, maybe I did know that. This is weird. I'm not sure where Simply Mad, Ykiki and Tinkermonkey and family are staying. This is going to be so cool!
    I know! Can't wait to meet you all face-to-face!

    Comment


    • #42
      Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

      It is the Sistas official stomping grounds now! :lol:We are staying there the whole stay, Tiff. I switched....tried Priceline.com and got it for $50 a night. $19 a night less than Hojo. NOW to hopefully get upgraded to the redone rooms. If not....I will pray it's nice in the NOT upgraded rooms!!!!

      We've been staying at Hilton hotels for over 10 years, and have a lot points with them. I hope they take that into consideration!!

      Michelle....I won't be up early in the morning! haha! Mark and I always sleep in on vacation. So, if you don't see me at DL before noon...don't be surprised! ha!

      Comment


      • #43
        Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

        Tinkermonkey family - del sol, Simply Kiki family (or should it be Y Mad? ) are at the DLH. But you can bring me Starbucks on Sunday morning!
        I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

        "Do you remember in kindergarten, how you�d meet a kid,
        then 10 seconds later you�d be playing like you were best friends?"
        * * *

        :love:

        Comment


        • #44
          Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

          Originally posted by tinkermonkey View Post
          Tinkermonkey family - del sol, Simply Kiki family (or should it be Y Mad? ) are at the DLH. But you can bring me Starbucks on Sunday morning!
          Tiffany - We originally had ressies at Del Sol. We have never stayed there before and were worried about it so changed hotels (plus Hilton was cheaper for us). Have you stayed at Del Sol before?

          Wish we could stay at DLH!

          Comment


          • #45
            Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

            We priceline all the time in anaheim, and have probably gotten about 8 to 10 different hotels. Without a doubt, the Anaheim Hilton is our LEAST favorite. The beds are uncomfortable, the parking garage is stupid and they have smoking and non-smoking rooms on the same floor.

            Comment


            • #46
              Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

              Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
              We've been staying at Hilton hotels for over 10 years, and have a lot points with them. I hope they take that into consideration!!
              If you pricelined, they will NOT take that into consideration. Your booking is not through Hilton and is pre-paid through priceline.

              The only hotel I've stayed at using priceline where you could upgrade was the Hyatt on Chapman/Harbor. You can usually upgrade to a suite/kids-suite for $50 per night.

              Comment


              • #47
                Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

                Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                If you pricelined, they will NOT take that into consideration. Your booking is not through Hilton and is pre-paid through priceline.

                The only hotel I've stayed at using priceline where you could upgrade was the Hyatt on Chapman/Harbor. You can usually upgrade to a suite/kids-suite for $50 per night.
                I'll let you know if it works. They said they are not very full that week, so, here's hoping.

                I DID buy the Priceline insurance where you can cancel and only pay $5.00 a day. Don't know how much of a hassle this would be to actually enforce.

                Comment


                • #48
                  Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

                  Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
                  I DID buy the Priceline insurance where you can cancel and only pay $5.00 a day. Don't know how much of a hassle this would be to actually enforce.
                  Make sure you read the description of what is a "Cancellable" reason. You can't just call and say "Someone in my family is sick and I need to cancel". According to their policy it has to be

                  You or a Traveling Companion suffers an unforeseeable Injury, Sickness or death. The Injury or Sickness must be so disabling as to reasonably cause Your trip to be cancelled or interrupted. A Physician must recommend that due to the severity of You or Your Traveling Companion's condition, it is Medically Necessary that You or Your Traveling Companion cancel or interrupt the Trip. You or Your Traveling Companion must be under the direct care and attendance of a Physician;
                  Most times we have had to not use the hotel wouldn't qualify for that reason.

                  Comment


                  • #49
                    Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

                    So even though you said you'd never stay at a Hilton again, you're going to stay at this one?


                    Hope you have a better experience.
                    Good morning, son
                    In twenty years from now
                    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                    And I can tell you 'bout today
                    And how I picked you up and everything changed
                    It was pain
                    Sunny days and rain
                    I knew you'd feel the same things...


                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #50
                      Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

                      Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                      Make sure you read the description of what is a "Cancellable" reason. You can't just call and say "Someone in my family is sick and I need to cancel". According to their policy it has to be



                      Most times we have had to not use the hotel wouldn't qualify for that reason.
                      My doctor would write me any kind of note that I needed to help out. I do have a disability and he would happily write me a note. In fact, I have 2 doctors that would do it.

                      Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                      So even though you said you'd never stay at a Hilton again, you're going to stay at this one?


                      Hope you have a better experience.
                      I know!!!!!!!! That's what I said, and I meant it and then....I bid on Priceline. Thinking I'd get something else, and got tossed into a HILTON!!!! :lol:Wouldn't you know? And, believe me, when the point stretchers for Hilton are out for the spring...I WILL use my points for a free stay at their hotels. I have enough for at least 3-4 free nights. Maybe I should say I will never stay at HOMEWOOD SUITES, (owned by Hilton) because it was there that my diamonds were stolen! Hows that?

                      Comment


                      • #51
                        Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

                        Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
                        My doctor would write me any kind of note that I needed to help out. I do have a disability and he would happily write me a note. In fact, I have 2 doctors that would do it.
                        WOW! Isn't that some sort of medical fraud? Since you'd be going on the trip anyway so the doctor would be totally lying about your condition just to get you out of a contract you agreed to. That's pretty a shameful action. If you didn't want that hotel, then you should have directly booked another one.
                        Good morning, son
                        In twenty years from now
                        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                        And I can tell you 'bout today
                        And how I picked you up and everything changed
                        It was pain
                        Sunny days and rain
                        I knew you'd feel the same things...


                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #52
                          Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

                          Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                          If you pricelined, they will NOT take that into consideration. Your booking is not through Hilton and is pre-paid through priceline.

                          The only hotel I've stayed at using priceline where you could upgrade was the Hyatt on Chapman/Harbor. You can usually upgrade to a suite/kids-suite for $50 per night.






                          Yeah, I have the Hilton Honors card, and it is useless with a PL reservation.


                          We've taken advantage of that upgrade. Though our upgrade cost was $40. Probably changes with the number of upgrades available...

                          Comment


                          • #53
                            Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

                            Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                            WOW! Isn't that some sort of medical fraud? Since you'd be going on the trip anyway so the doctor would be totally lying about your condition just to get you out of a contract you agreed to. That's pretty a shameful action. If you didn't want that hotel, then you should have directly booked another one.
                            Well, you aren't my moral police, now are you? Or, maybe you think you are, but, I don't. Sorry!

                            May I ask why you are busting my chops so much about this whole thing? On the last page you made comment about my saying I'd never stay at Hilton. What gives? Please send a PM if you have an issue. I'd appreciate that a lot!

                            Comment


                            • #54
                              Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

                              Originally posted by PirateMickey View Post
                              Yeah, I have the Hilton Honors card, and it is useless with a PL reservation.


                              We've taken advantage of that upgrade. Though our upgrade cost was $40. Probably changes with the number of upgrades available...
                              I may regret this totally...and may come back mad as a wet hen that I booked it via Priceline, but, the upside is that I have 2 other friends staying at that hotel, during the same time. We can all sit around and bitch together about it, if it sucks!!!! I got a Priceline deal on a Sheraton in Santa Monica that was a WONDERFUL experience. So, I tried it again because my friends were getting such killer deals on Priceline. I DID have reservations at Hojo, but, wasn't sure of it...so....I cancelled when I got the Anaheim Hilton.

                              I plan to bring my own sheets, and buy my own pillows when I arrive in town! That will help me immensely in my comfort level.

                              Comment


                              • #55
                                Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

                                Aww I don't have an issue, I was just wondering why you had changed your mind about where to stay, that's all.
                                And writing a note that's a lie about a medical condition just seems like a REALLY shady practice to me. That is all. We all have different morals, that just rubbed mine the wrong way I guess. No harm meant!
                                Good morning, son
                                In twenty years from now
                                Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                                And I can tell you 'bout today
                                And how I picked you up and everything changed
                                It was pain
                                Sunny days and rain
                                I knew you'd feel the same things...


                                sigpic

                                Comment


                                • #56
                                  Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

                                  Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                                  Aww I don't have an issue, I was just wondering why you had changed your mind about where to stay, that's all.
                                  And writing a note that's a lie about a medical condition just seems like a REALLY shady practice to me. That is all. We all have different morals, that just rubbed mine the wrong way I guess. No harm meant!
                                  I DO have a medical condition, and, have a handicap placard for my car, etc. They are conditions I am not getting into on here, because it's my private business.

                                  No harm done, but, without getting into a lot of detail about my private life.....it would not be lying or shady to write me the note. How's that?
                                  Last edited by I Heart Disneyland; 10-31-2007, 06:27 AM.

                                  Comment


                                  • #57
                                    Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

                                    Well, I will be staying there in 4 days and will give an honest oppinion about it. My friend who I am staying with is a hotel manager in the central coast, so it will be interesting for her oppinion as well!

                                    Comment


                                    • #58
                                      Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

                                      Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
                                      I DO have a medical condition, and, have a handicap placard for my car, etc. They are conditions I am not getting into on here, because it's my private business.

                                      No harm done, but, without getting into a lot of detail about my private life.....it would not be lying or shady to write me the note. How's that?
                                      I just meant... if you were going have your dr. write you a note to get out of the priceline hotel because you wanted to stay at a different hotel. Of course, if your condition prevented you from going on the trip at all, then the drs. note would be telling the truth, so there would be no issue It just sounded like you would have your dr. write you a note to get out of the priceline contract while you stayed at a hotel you liked better. That I do not agree with - that has NOTHING to do w/you having a medical condition. But that's just my opinion. I do hope your stay at the Hilton is satisfactory though.
                                      Good morning, son
                                      In twenty years from now
                                      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                                      And I can tell you 'bout today
                                      And how I picked you up and everything changed
                                      It was pain
                                      Sunny days and rain
                                      I knew you'd feel the same things...


                                      sigpic

                                      Comment


                                      • #59
                                        Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

                                        You will like the Hilton fine. It's a nice hotel, and for $50 a night, it's a steal. I personally just find the beds to be uncomfortable. But that's just because the beds at Doubletree, Crown Plaza and Hyatt are VERY comfy.

                                        Comment


                                        • #60
                                          Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

                                          Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                                          I do hope your stay at the Hilton is satisfactory though.
                                          :squeeze: It will be fine!

                                          Comment

                                          Get Away Today Footer

                                          Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X