X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChristyS
    replied
    Re: How is the Anaheim Hilton?

I'm staying at the Hilton next weekend as well! I know it'll be super busy, because of the show at the Convention Center, but I'm hoping that we'll still get a decent room.

EDIT: Stayed here, had no problem getting a room with 2 doubles, and it was fine. Clean room, water pressure in the shower's pretty good. The parking fee is LAME!!! My gosh. In the future I would only stay here if I didn't have a car with me. Also, the prices at the Starbucks in the lobby are through the roof! Grande latte with soy = $5.75?! I know the look on my face when the cashier said that must have been priceless.
    Last edited by ChristyS; 04-09-2008, 01:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Missviolet
    replied

We're staying there next weekend... let me know how it goes!

Leave a comment:

• Reubensitos
    replied

Thank you all for the posts regarding this hotel. We just pricelined and got it for 50 a night which is awesome. We have payed more for ghetto hotels in the area more than once. We recently discovered Priceline, we just got a doubletree for 65 bucks a few weeks back, we can't complain. I mean come on a double tree with that soft squishy dream bed at 65! Truly enjoyable and the yummy cookie!

These prices at actually decent hotels allow us to get more Disney for our buck. I have seen folk complaining and you pay 50-60 bucks a night and get a better hotel? really? where! tell me! Your only there to sleep

I too am a Hilton Honors member and I have a couple k spare points sitting there (almost a full room for free but not quite lol), I spoke with them today about it and they said it means nothing when pricelined like said before. Which makes sense I guess.

I asked if I could upgrade with my points, they said you can't. They also said to call the day before my trip to try and get a better room/view. I was almost tempted to just cancel the hotel and book it using the hilton site, but is that worth the extra 100+ a night. I would really like a good view. But it's the price you pay for the discount.

I hope I get lucky and try to get a good room with a good view. Any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• ashley solo
    replied

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but man I hated the Hilton!

The man and I stayed there once because I thought I got a good deal on hotels.com for $80 (but reading all the posts makes me think I should have used Priceline!). Boy solo and I are very broke college students so the fact that we shelled out $80/night plus $11/day parking was absurd! We were so displeased with the parking lot and fee. Then to save some money we had to take ART, which wasn't as bad as every one has been saying, IMO. But still that was more money! The lobby was pretty, but our room view was of an outside patio and there was some convention so every time I looked out my window I felt like a creeper. We ended up needing a room for an extra night because a friend flaked on us, but then they had no rooms for us for one extra night (which is PROBABLY bs, and oh well it would have cost us like $100-something for an extra night). So we looked around for a hotel and found the Comfort Inn off Harbor and found that place to be much better. The bathroom was bigger and the room even smelt better.

I will never stay again and since it was my first time at a Hilton, I was very disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• I Heart Disneyland
    replied

Originally posted by Rainbow Dash View Post
    My family and I used to stay there all the time. It was a nice hotel, but nothing like the Disney ones!
    But you can't get the Disney ones for $50 a night! ha! The rest of the dough we spent on having a great time and buying AP's!

Leave a comment:

• Rainbow Dash
    replied

My family and I used to stay there all the time. It was a nice hotel, but nothing like the Disney ones!

Leave a comment:

• I Heart Disneyland
    replied

I really liked it too, as I reported. If I could be guaranteed the same service, price and room I had last week....I'd try via Priceline again! We had down bedding and pillows. I think we lucked out, to be honest. The bed had a nice topper on the mattress and nice down comforter, which had the tacky bedspread on top, but, we didn't use the yuck comforter. We asked for extra pillows too, because hubby sleeps with a ton, and they brought up 4 extras! It was awesome!

Leave a comment:

• Villains Fan
    replied

I too stayed at the Hilton this last weekend through Priceline. It was my first time staying there so I was trying to keep track of all the details to post here. First off, I have to say, this was one of the prettiest rooms I've ever stayed at. I just loved the light furniture and blue bedspreads. There was plenty of room for clothes, they had a chest of drawers in there in addition to the drawers in the entertainment center. The room was very clean and comfortable. Here's pictures of my room:

The pros: The bed was comfortable (not plush like some other resort type hotels, but comfortable). The water pressure in the shower was great (almost blew me into the opposite wall ) ), and the little ammenities are great:

The lobby was gorgeous (especially with all the Xmas decorations) and the best part of the whole stay there is that they have a Starbucks down in the lobby (although, I sure wish they would deliver it to your room ).

Some of the down sides....

The walls seem to be thin, I could hear my neighbor snoring (although in all fairness, this was an attached room and I was probably hearing him through the door).

I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to use the thermostat in the room and could only get cold air to come out. It was a cold night, so cold air was not what I needed. I ended up turning the whole thing off, but the unit was making a noise all night that sounded like water running in the next room.

As mentioned before, the $11 parking fee is outrageous (I have never paid a parking fee at any other hotel) and the distance from the parking structure, to the structure elevator up to the lobby, and your room can be quite a distance. I think I was at the far end, because it was a really loooooong walk, through two different hallways to my room.

It looks like walking to Disneyland could be quite the little hike, especially on the way back after a long day in the park. Here's a shot of the backside of ToT from my hotel window:

For those of you interested in the pool area, I took a picture. Apparently it's on the 5th floor (sure wouldn't want to be in a room under the pool :blink: )

So, there you go, for $50, it was worth every cent and even more. I would be happy to stay here again and hopefully will with my next Priceline experience. On a scale of 1-10, I would rate it an 8.5.

Leave a comment:

• I Heart Disneyland
    replied

Originally posted by PirateMickey View Post
    Glad to see that you had a great time at the Hilton!

(and the Park, I'm sure!)
    Yeah, the park was okay.

Leave a comment:

• PirateMickey
    replied

Glad to see that you had a great time at the Hilton!

(and the Park, I'm sure!)

Leave a comment:

• Armadillo4
    replied

I had a wonderful stay at the Hilton this past weekend too. The room was very clean with all the standard amenities. That being said, the hotel does show its age just a tiny bit and the renovations will be a welcome update. At $48/night+taxes and parking, this was a terrific value! However, at rack rates, it's not such a great deal and other hotels probably compare favorably.

Floors 5 and 6 are currently being renovated. I think it was mentioned in the Priceline thread that non-smoking and smoking rooms are mixed on the same floors, but that seems to have changed recently. The front desk clerk told me that only one floor in the hotel is smoking now, although I didn't go marching up and down my floor to verify that. LOL!

Speaking of the front desk, I'm not a Hilton Honors member, so I didn't get the perks that I Heart Disneyland enjoyed with access to the Executive Level (that Executive Level sure has wonderful amenities and services!). But I asked during check-in if there was a Disney-view room available and after a quick tappity-tap on the computer, the desk clerk said, "well, since it's only for the weekend, I can get you one." No additional charges were mentioned or discussed. It was on the 8th floor and just perfect.

We got back to the room a little later than expected on Saturday evening, so it was a bit of scramble to setup the camera and mini-tripod for fireworks. The fireworks started just as I was finishing setup, but I did manage a few good shots. In my rush, I framed the shots just a tad bit too high. I'll know better next time.

After the fireworks, some familiar lights and structures could be seen in the distance.

Leave a comment:

• I Heart Disneyland
    replied

I had a GREAT stay at Hilton Anaheim. Yahoo!

First of all, we did Priceline, and got it for $50 a night. When we checked in, we told them we'd been Hilton Honors members for 10 years, they confirmed, and gave us a room with a fridge and it was nice...very clean...nothing to get TOO excited about, but, they DID give us access to the executive floor which had free internet usage, free continental breakfast and free bottled water and pop! That was worth a lot. I would bring 2 bottled waters back every time I visited. I checked email regularly, and would get a morning snack. My hubby slipped the desk clerk a $20 to help us out too! It worked just as Pirate Mickey (I believe it was) said it would work. haha!

The exec. level faced DL, so, after day 2, I went to the front desk and asked if WE could upgrade to a DL view room, and they said for an additional $10 a night, we could do just that....so....we switched to a DL view room which was wonderful. It was a nicer room too, with a down comforter and nicer sheets. And a fridge, like the other room. The bathroom had nice counters and the carpet was clean, and the room overall was very clean. The view of DL/DCA was really nice, we were on the 11th floor. The whole wall was window, and I'd open the drapes in the morning to see Matterhorn, TOT, Golden Gate, etc. It would get me all wound up about my day at DL! At night, I'd open them just to look out and see the lights of the park.

I'd stay here again in an instant, especially with the perks that they gave us being Hilton Honors members. Another bonus was that we rented a car from Enterprise in the lobby of the Hilton and the guy gave me free parking passes for the hotel too, which saved me $11 a day in parking fees. It was wonderful!

The rental car, (Enterprise) on the other hand, was filthy! The seats were stained, and the console had what appeared to be spilled coffee on it, and there was a french fry on the floor. Yuk! It got us where we wanted to go, but, it was disgusting. Sadly, I left my handicap placard on the rear view mirror...and they claim they clean the cars thoroughly after each rental, however, they did not find the placard. I find that hard to believe, and told them they had NOT cleaned the car for us, because it was filthy. Complaint calls to Enterprise will be happening this week, on my day off!!!

For the cost (Hotel) ....it can't be beat. I can't wait to see how the renovated rooms look....of course....I also realize the pricetag will be higher and I probably won't want to stay again! ha! I can't believe how much we lucked out with this hotel on Priceline!!!
    Last edited by I Heart Disneyland; 12-10-2007, 01:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• disneybanks
    replied

Stayed here one night. There was food left over from the previous guest on the floor, the beds were nothing to write home about. The front desk was nice, but using the express check-out from the room wasn't working right, and I had to make two follow up calls to get the situation resolved. Basically, it's general areas were very nice, but the room wasn't any better than the Motel 6 at the park that I stayed at in January. Yes, it was cheap. $48 on priceline, but with taxes and the required parking fee it came to $72.

Leave a comment:

• I Heart Disneyland
    replied

Originally posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    Neenie -- the Sierra Tower is at the DLH.
    Whaaaaa! I thought it was the Hilton! haha!

By the way, Tiff, I love that you called me Neenie!!

Leave a comment:

• I Heart Disneyland
    replied

Also, you might try asking if they have a same-day arrival room upgrade rate.

That has worked for us in the past, even at the DL Hotel.

Good luck!
    I did ask for a room with a fridge, because I have medication that needs to be refrigerated. Do you think it would be in poor taste for hubby to slip a few bucks to get an upgrade? We DID get this hotel on Priceline, but, have been Hilton Honors members for 10 years or more. And, how much would you slip them??

Leave a comment:

• PirateMickey
    replied

Also, you might try asking if they have a same-day arrival room upgrade rate.

That has worked for us in the past, even at the DL Hotel.

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• PirateMickey
    replied

Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    Is the Sierra Tower the one that has bedding like Disney Ballerina's photos???

Thanks PM! Checking in there tomorrow and hubby said he'd slip money too, to get a better room!

Sorry, but the Sierra Tower is now called the Dreams Tower and it is at the DL Hotel.

I'm sure that you will get a nice room at the Hilton. We've never been disappointed with them.

I just hope that there isn't a Tony Robbins convention going on while you are there. Unless of course you like watching folks run across red-hot coals... LOL

Have a Tiggerific trip! Sorry that we missed you by a few days (we came home Wed night).

Leave a comment:

• tinkermonkey
    replied

Neenie -- the Sierra Tower is at the DLH.

Leave a comment:

• I Heart Disneyland
    replied

Of course there's always my way...

Slip the CM a twenty when you request a specific room in the Sierra Tower (for example). Works every time!

Probably works for requests in the other Hotels too. In fact, I'm sure that it does.

(Gets you extra cookies upon checking into the Doubletree too...hehe)
    Is the Sierra Tower the one that has bedding like Disney Ballerina's photos???

Thanks PM! Checking in there tomorrow and hubby said he'd slip money too, to get a better room!

Leave a comment:

• I Heart Disneyland
    replied

So....the walk was about 10 minutes, Tracy?

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X