Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How is the HOJO across the street from DL???

Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    Thanks so much!!!

Where did you get that darling Mickey lantern in the avatar? Or is that yours? ha!
    It is a decoration up at Mickey's Halloween Treat at DCA!

Comment

We stayed at Hojos last June. I thought it was a nice hotel, though I've stayed in a lot of crappy hotels, so my idea of nice can be lower then someone used to staying in a Hilton or similar. We had two rooms in the tower near the freeway. Both rooms had a balcony, though one faced the parking lot/freeway and the other faced the pool, but walking out the hall there was a pretty decent view of Disneyland from the hallway windows. The freeway noise was never that bad, but we had the A/C on 24/7.

I say it was pretty clean, the beds were pretty comfortable, the toilet was super noisy though.

Comment

Janine - you not getting the view rooms even though you booked months ago may be in part due to the fact that you arrive on Candlelight weekend. I'm guessting that lots of people have known the dates for that for a long time and booked their rooms long before tickets go on sale.
        I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you�d meet a kid,
        then 10 seconds later you�d be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

Hey folks!! We got a Discount Book rate of $69 a night at Hojo, but, wanted to be sure it's a good place to stay before it gets TOO close and we run out of options. We'll be there Dec. 1 - 8.
          My guess would be that you don't get a view room when using the Discount Book rate. We added a day to our trip and got a DL view room for Dec. 1st. We did this about 3 weeks ago and are definitely paying more than $69.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa! :angel:

Comment

When I got a rate that low they put us in the older building with the skylights. they did offer to have us on the ground floor, but I don't like sleeping on the ground floors of hotels. Oh, and those rooms do not have elevators.

Comment

I found my map when I was cleaning today, and I was in Building 1 FYI.
              I booked it same day, though, and so i paid a lot! )
              Good morning, son
              In twenty years from now
              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
              And I can tell you 'bout today
              And how I picked you up and everything changed
              It was pain
              Sunny days and rain
              I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

The skylight rooms are only the upper floor of the older buildings.

I've used the entertainment book rate to stay at HoJo many times. My mom stayed in the newer building and wasn't thrilled--the room was very small. We've always been given our choice of rooms at check-in. If you check in early enough (and you can always check in early), you get your pick over people who booked rooms a year ago but didn't give a room preference.

The first floor rooms are the ones I like. You can go out on your balcony to watch fireworks and they're quiet, roomy, clean, and we always had a stroller, so we didn't want to lug it up the stairs. Plus they're closer to the pool, which was another family priority.

We stayed in the skylight room once and I loved it, by the way. Very retro and cool, and the room felt huge.

Comment

We don't even own a laptop computer, so, I don't care about internet connections. The nice thing at Homewood Suites was that they have a business center and you can use their internet for FREE! It was awesome, because Mark always falls asleep before me, so, I'd run downstairs in my slippers and cozy clothes, and tell my MC buddies about my day. This trip....no dice.

I am mostly looking for clean....and not noisy. I am nervous because I've not stayed here before, so, the tips on WHICH room to choose are GREAT as well as what building to avoid. We have a room facing DL, but, I think on a lower floor, because the guy "Willie" said that we don't have the view room because they are full. (Which irks me because we booked a few months ago!)
                  The rooms so far, out of all our stays, have never been dirty. So I hope you have the same if you decide to stay there and get a decent rate. Book as soon as possible. They do book up.
                  1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Originally posted by TicTocDragon View Post
                    The internet hookup is a pain to use depending the room, because of the maintenance and upkeep. Severed wires, bad connections.
                    I hated the internet hookup we had in our room. It was a tiny little box on the night stand with a cable coming out of it, but they only gave you about 2 feet from the box, so the only place I could use the laptop was in bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Brain Toad View Post
                      I hated the internet hookup we had in our room. It was a tiny little box on the night stand with a cable coming out of it, but they only gave you about 2 feet from the box, so the only place I could use the laptop was in bed.
                      I always pack my own 20 ft. cat-5 cable. Works like a charm.
                      Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
                      2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
                      2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
                      sigpic

Comment

We just got back from there last night. Here are my thoughts:

We were in building 6 on the first floor. The room was huge and there was a nice patio. It was very clean. The bedspreads were very slippery and always ended up on the floor by the end of the night. There was a folding bed in the closet so my kids didn't have to share a bed (which they loved).

We had a fridge and coffee maker, neither of which we used. The extra sink outside of the bathroom was nice too.

The grounds are very nice and the pool was enjoyed by the kids. There is a second pool that we think was salt water. No one ever really used it and it went to about 8 1/2 ft deep. The kids enjoyed some quiet time in there.

The staff was very fast and friendly. The gift shop was well stocked.

My only complaint was the bed. I do have a bad back and we have a Tempic bed so I usually don't have good experiences with hotel beds (except for Marriott beds) but this one was very hard and uncomfortable. One of the reasons we chose HoJo's over the Marriott was that people raved about the beds. I guess we didn't get one of the good rooms...

The walk was a bit long at the end of the day. My kids are older so it wasn't an issue for us but I can see it being an issue for those with little ones.

Would we stay there again?? Aside from the bed issue, yes we would.

Would I recommend it to others?? Yes I would.

Especially for $69/night!

Comment

Re: How is the HOJO across from Disneyland?

I stayed there once and it definitely was not the greatest. I was in one of the older buildings and one morning, I heard water leaking. There was a leak going straight into the heater of the room. Then small pieces of plaster kept falling when the leak got bigger. We told them in the morning and when we got back late after Disneyland had closed, our beds were not made up or anything. They did apologize and said they had planned on moving us to a new room. We did get a discount but boy was that room a mess from that nasty leak!

Plus even though it is pretty close, I didn't feel it was close enough. Then again, I didn't own a pair of Crocs at this time, lol.

I am positive the hotel has gotten much much better after the remodeling. We just chose to stay there at a bad time.
                          http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
                          Always looking for new Disney friends.

Comment

On our second visit we stayed at the HoJo. We were booked into the tower closest to the freeway (great fireworks view)....but....small town girl vs freeway noise yeek. Front desk was very accomodating at 3:15 and found us a poolside room in one of the smaller bungalpw buildings. Much better...no noise! Food next door was to die for. 10 min walk to the park. Great value.
                            I a, booked into Disneyalnd Hotel for Feb 08. Hope I don't regret shelling out the extra dollars this time!

Comment

Hello, I'm thinking of booking to this one for my next trip to Disneyland. Do you, know if this one is called Best Western - Anaheim Inn? I just wanted to make sure this is the one across the street.
                              Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

The HoJo's is officially known as "Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel - Anaheim".

The Best Western Anaheim Inn is near the Pedestrian crossing, not the closest, as the Park Vue Inn and the Best Western Park Place Inn are the two right across the street from the pedestrian crossing. The BW Anaheim Inn is just south of the Park Vue Inn on Harbor, so very close.
                                Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                                  The HoJo's is officially known as "Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel - Anaheim".

The Best Western Anaheim Inn is near the Pedestrian crossing, not the closest, as the Park Vue Inn and the Best Western Park Place Inn are the two right across the street from the pedestrian crossing. The BW Anaheim Inn is just south of the Park Vue Inn on Harbor, so very close.
                                  Thank you for the information and for clearing that up.

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayley B View Post
                                    Hello, I'm thinking of booking to this one for my next trip to Disneyland. Do you, know if this one is called Best Western - Anaheim Inn? I just wanted to make sure this is the one across the street.
                                    Hayley,

Here is a website that shows the locations of the various nearby hotels so you have an idea of where each one is.

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/D...ndLinkMap.html

Hope it helps.
                                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pratt55 View Post
                                      Hayley,

Here is a website that shows the locations of the various nearby hotels so you have an idea of where each one is.

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/D...ndLinkMap.html

Hope it helps.
                                      oh, that is so wonderful. Thank you pratt. :ghug: I quickly bookmark this. This will be a big help. Thank you so much.

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

I've stayed there a couple of times, it was ok, just okay.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Well I just booked my room for exactly 1 year in advance for the $59 Entertainment book rate(2 queens, poo lview). Am really happy as this will be our spring break next year and finding good deals during this time is tough. I have concluded after roughly 10 months of exhaustive research that this is the best deal to be had in Disneyland. For us anyway ;-) Having a fridge, a big jacuzzi that is open 'till midnight, and close enough to walk easily were all big plusses. they also have conistently good feedback and are #4 out of 100 on Trip advisor, #24 on the top 30 best bargains in the Unofficial Guide. There's also free parking and internet. It would have been fun to watch Hotwire and perhaps ultimately bid on Priceline but cannot justify that when this deal is for grabs.

Bobby. RIP '95-2008

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X