Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

    Drat. Priceline would not accept my offers when I put in a 3-night stay, so I just bid on 1-night since it would let me tack on additional nights at the same price anyways. Well, I got the Doubletree Anaheim for $50 on 4/29. Parking is $11, so at least that is less than the Hilton. BUT- they don't offer a shuttle! And they're one mile away from Disneyland. Drat!!

    I don't want to take the ART system. I hate buses, they actually scare me. What other options do I have to get to the park (besides parking at DL-I don't want to waste time with that).

    Comment


    • Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

      Did you get the Doubletree in Orange? Because that one did at least as of last year have a private shuttle bus I think it is only hourly but it was free.

      The one thing with Priceline 'name your own price' is you need to be prepared to either take ART or drive yourself to the park.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

        Originally posted by pratt55 View Post
        Did you get the Doubletree in Orange? Because that one did at least as of last year have a private shuttle bus I think it is only hourly but it was free.

        The one thing with Priceline 'name your own price' is you need to be prepared to either take ART or drive yourself to the park.
        No, I'm staying at the Doubletree Anaheim. I called to ask about a shuttle and they said 'no'.

        I looked at the ART website, but dang, I cannot make sense of their bus schedule. They show different routes, but I'm not sure which time the bus stops at the different locations on a route. It's weird.

        Comment


        • Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

          Is it the Doubletree at 2085 S Harbor Blvd? If so it's within 20mins walking distance to the esplanade (if you're a walker) Otherwise it's the ART ... or a skateboard?
          Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
          DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

          Comment


          • Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

            Originally posted by monotonehell View Post
            Is it the Doubletree at 2085 S Harbor Blvd? If so it's within 20mins walking distance to the esplanade (if you're a walker) Otherwise it's the ART ... or a skateboard?
            Yup, that is the address! So we can walk to the esplanade, then what? I'm not very familiar with the area, sorry.

            Comment


            • Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

              Originally posted by roxy72 View Post
              Yup, that is the address! So we can walk to the esplanade, then what? I'm not very familiar with the area, sorry.
              Its a walkable distance, its just south of Convention Way and just before Orangewood Ave. But if you have small kids in two after 16 hours in the park with everyone exhausted, the walk back isn't that great. Or if you use the ART system, its on Route 6, which also services The Portifino, Jolly Roger, Ramada Limited, Comfort Inn and a few others. If you use ART the Route 6 bus picks you up in front of the motel, and will make stops at the other motels, then drops off at the main transportation center at Disneyland. Most of the routes are set up where the busses run at each stop every 30 minutes or so. All you have to do when you leave the park is make sure you get back on the exact same bus you got off at the park.

              I've used ART a few times. Its not that bad.




              Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


              Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
              all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

              Comment


              • Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

                Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                Its a walkable distance, its just south of Convention Way and just before Orangewood Ave. But if you have small kids in two after 16 hours in the park with everyone exhausted, the walk back isn't that great. Or if you use the ART system, its on Route 6, which also services The Portifino, Jolly Roger, Ramada Limited, Comfort Inn and a few others. If you use ART the Route 6 bus picks you up in front of the motel, and will make stops at the other motels, then drops off at the main transportation center at Disneyland. Most of the routes are set up where the busses run at each stop every 30 minutes or so. All you have to do when you leave the park is make sure you get back on the exact same bus you got off at the park.

                I've used ART a few times. Its not that bad.
                Awesome, thank you! I'm relatively lazy, and know that I'll be exhausted from walking around DL all day..so that's why I'm planning on buying ART passes! It's strange that you have to buy it from a kiosk. Oh well, I'll get a 3-day pass for my family and myself.

                I know that I use the Route 6, but what confused me on the website is that they do not have specific pick-up times for when they will be at the Doubletree...and how many hotels they'll have to stop at until DL. But your information is helpful and I appreciate it- thank you.

                Comment


                • Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

                  Originally posted by roxy72 View Post
                  Awesome, thank you! I'm relatively lazy, and know that I'll be exhausted from walking around DL all day..so that's why I'm planning on buying ART passes! It's strange that you have to buy it from a kiosk. Oh well, I'll get a 3-day pass for my family and myself.

                  I know that I use the Route 6, but what confused me on the website is that they do not have specific pick-up times for when they will be at the Doubletree...and how many hotels they'll have to stop at until DL. But your information is helpful and I appreciate it- thank you.
                  Usually at the hotel itself they can give you an approximate time when the bus will be at that stop. And you don't have to get the passes from a kiosk. If they service the hotel, you can have the passes delivered to that hotel. However, if you do that I recommend that you have them delivered the day BEFORE you are scheduled to arrive. The one time I had them sent to the motel, I got there before the passes did. Thankfully the motel had extra passes that they "lent" me, but you can't assume each motel will. They don't become "active" until you scan them through the ticket taker thing on the bus, so if for instance you buy a three day pass ahead of time, it starts on the first day you scan it, not before.

                  You can also have them mailed. But again... I'd allow at least 2-2.5 weeks for delivery. They say 3-5 days to process, but the last time I had them mailed to me, thinking I had lots of time, and they didn't show up until the day I left. Thankfully, my mail ran early that day.




                  Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


                  Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                  all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

                  Comment


                  • Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

                    Have any of you Pricelined for rooms in June? Is it crazy to attempt to do so? I'm booking a last minute trip to DL in June 10th or 11th through the 16th. The rates at the hotels I normally stay at on Harbor are too expensive for what they are -- motels! I'm thinking about attempting to bid on 3.5* hopefully to get Anaheim Hilton, Hyatt or one of those nicer hotels. This would be my first time using PL. I've been checking out BetterBidding and bidding 4travel for tips. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
                    Also, is it true that you can cut through the Timon Parking lot from the Hilton and take the tram to the front of the park? Is the walk through the lot a really long one?
                    Thanks for any advice/info!
                    DSF

                    ETA: When should I start bidding for mid June? Should I be bidding already? Help! I'venever done this before!

                    Comment


                    • Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

                      The Secret Squirrel pedestrian entrance is off Katella here...

                      Google Maps

                      To walk all the way to the tram, you're more than half way to the esplanade already. Seems silly to me. I think I'd just walk all the way up Harbor myself, but I'm a walker.
                      Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
                      DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

                      Comment


                      • Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

                        Originally posted by DisneySuiteFreak View Post
                        Have any of you Pricelined for rooms in June? Is it crazy to attempt to do so? I'm booking a last minute trip to DL in June 10th or 11th through the 16th. The rates at the hotels I normally stay at on Harbor are too expensive for what they are -- motels! I'm thinking about attempting to bid on 3.5* hopefully to get Anaheim Hilton, Hyatt or one of those nicer hotels. This would be my first time using PL. I've been checking out BetterBidding and bidding 4travel for tips. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
                        Also, is it true that you can cut through the Timon Parking lot from the Hilton and take the tram to the front of the park? Is the walk through the lot a really long one?
                        Thanks for any advice/info!
                        DSF

                        ETA: When should I start bidding for mid June? Should I be bidding already? Help! I'venever done this before!
                        I've never used Priceline so the only part of this I can address is the Timon lot question. Normally you can access the Timon Lot through the Katella Gate from any of the motels on Katella. However, with the construction in DCA, and the fact that they are using that parking lot for storage, I'm not sure its even open, or is open all the time so I wouldn't count on being able to use that tram. The ART busses do serve some of the Katella motels, but I'm not sure which ones.




                        Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


                        Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                        all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

                        Comment


                        • Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

                          As an alternative to taking the ART, I'm wondering if there is somewhere nearby (not Mickey & Friends!) that I can park for the day. Does the HoJo allow visitors to park in their lot for the day, for a fee? Maybe I should park at Downtown Disney, I heard you get 5 hours free if you buy something from a retailer..so the ticket is validated. That way I will also be more encouraged to head back to the hotel and rest after 5 hour intervals at the park.

                          I just like the comfort of having my car nearby me, while in the park. But I hate the high price and all the hassle of parking at Mickey & Friends.

                          Comment


                          • Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

                            Originally posted by DisneySuiteFreak View Post
                            ETA: When should I start bidding for mid June? Should I be bidding already? Help! I'venever done this before!
                            I would wait till about two weeks out. Keep watching biddingfortravel.com to see when others begin the bidding. If you follow their instructions you can bid up to 3X each day and two weeks should give you plenty of time. If you do not want to wait, then start your bidding at $50 and more likely than not you will win with that price.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

                              Thank you all for responding! I appreciate it! I didn't think about the DCA construction going on... I guess I'll have to ART or hopefully use one of the hotel shuttles.
                              Do any of you know which hotels in the 3-3.5* area have their own shuttles? I was surprised to read that you have to buy your ART tickets in advance or at a kiosk. Did I read that correctly? The last time I got ART tickets was through Hojos front desk. They had them ready to sell. Do the hotels no longer sell them?
                              Thanks for any info!

                              Comment


                              • Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

                                I know that the Crowne Plaza and Hyatt share their own freeprivate shuttle bus, it comes around every 30 minutes. The Doubletree in Orange also has its own shuttle.
                                sigpic

                                Comment


                                • Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

                                  Originally posted by DisneySuiteFreak View Post
                                  Thank you all for responding! I appreciate it! I didn't think about the DCA construction going on... I guess I'll have to ART or hopefully use one of the hotel shuttles.
                                  Do any of you know which hotels in the 3-3.5* area have their own shuttles? I was surprised to read that you have to buy your ART tickets in advance or at a kiosk. Did I read that correctly? The last time I got ART tickets was through Hojos front desk. They had them ready to sell. Do the hotels no longer sell them?
                                  Thanks for any info!
                                  Check out the ART website- Anaheim Resort Transit

                                  They do sell bus passes at certain hotels (see: Kiosk Locations). The hotel I am staying at (Doubletree) doesn't sell them, so I have to buy them in advance or find a kiosk.

                                  Comment


                                  • Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

                                    Originally posted by pratt55 View Post
                                    I know that the Crowne Plaza and Hyatt share their own freeprivate shuttle bus, it comes around every 30 minutes. The Doubletree in Orange also has its own shuttle.
                                    Thanks for that info!

                                    Originally posted by roxy72 View Post
                                    Check out the ART website- Anaheim Resort Transit

                                    They do sell bus passes at certain hotels (see: Kiosk Locations). The hotel I am staying at (Doubletree) doesn't sell them, so I have to buy them in advance or find a kiosk.
                                    Thanks Roxy72. I should have checked that out earlier.

                                    Comment


                                    • Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

                                      I just added another night to my trip. I'm staying my first two nights at the Doubletree, and just got a night at the Crowne Plaza. I'm happy that I will be closer to DL on that last day, although it's a Friday night (5/1) and I'm blocked out from entering DL on Saturday...oh well.

                                      BTW, I bid $50 per night, per hotel.

                                      Comment


                                      • Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

                                        One more question, do you have to pay room tax and sales tax on top of what you bid or is all inclusive? I imagine that since they add on parking fees and Resort fees that the room tax and sales tax is also in addition to what you bid. Is that correct? BTW, what is the total amount of taxes one pays to stay in the Anaheim Resort area? Is it 15% total or 15% + sales tax 8.75%? Thanks for any info!

                                        Comment


                                        • Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

                                          Originally posted by DisneySuiteFreak View Post
                                          One more question, do you have to pay room tax and sales tax on top of what you bid or is all inclusive? I imagine that since they add on parking fees and Resort fees that the room tax and sales tax is also in addition to what you bid. Is that correct? BTW, what is the total amount of taxes one pays to stay in the Anaheim Resort area? Is it 15% total or 15% + sales tax 8.75%? Thanks for any info!
                                          Yes, there are additional fee's after your bid. For example, I recently bid $50 for a night in Anaheim. They tacked on $13.55 in taxes and service fee's. So my total was $63.55. I will also have to pay for parking once I arrive.

                                          Most hotels in the area charge for parking, but not all. Adding in parking to my hotel cost, it's going to be around $75/night to stay there.

                                          Hope that helps.

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X