Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

    Yup...priceline is not as cheap as it used to be, at least not for October, and I thought October was off season. We're doing Mickey's Halloween Party, Haunt and LA County Fair.

    In the past I've bid and won starting at $43 and tonight I started for the week of 10/2-10/6, started at $43 and only got up to $46 (what can I say Im being cheap) and did both 3.5 and 3 stars in Anaheim, Garden Grove and even Buena Park and got nada!

    Now I'm going to have to wait till tomorrow night to try again. Going to start at $47 tomorrow night and see what happens. Really don't want to pay more than $55 and would like to stay at 3.5 stars.

    **Anyone know what hotels are included in Buena Park with Priceline? I checked bidding for travel.com but they don't list many and didn't know if it's been updated.

    Comment


    • Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

      You can give betterbidding.com a try, they have quite a bit of info and help.

      In general if hotels are at capacity or at the numbers they want to be for a particular month or season, then you won't see too much of discounted rooms. If their within the profit margin they want to be at then to the hotels it doesn't make sense to discount too many rooms. Also if the demand is high for a particular time then again they won't discount too many rooms, knowing they'll get others who will pay full price cuz the demand is high. Just the usual par for the course in the travel industry.

      Halloween has become a huge thing at D-land over the last few years, so October really isn't an off-season for it anymore. Disneyland is having smaller and smaller windows for off-season these days. I think they finally set themselves up for an almost all year round high demand.
      sigpic


      Comment


      • Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

        Okay, finally won on Priceline with a bid of $52 for 10/2-10/6. 3.5 stars, I won it on the second rebid with adding Garden Grove in addition to Anaheim resort.

        We got the Crowne Plaza Anaheim. We've never stayed there but I keep hearing good reviews about it except the fact I found out there is a $12 a night resort fee. so in addition to $52, now basically my rate is $64. Oh well, what can you do???

        So we'll be in California again in 3 days...can't wait!

        Comment


        • Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

          Originally posted by bellerose75 View Post
          Okay, finally won on Priceline with a bid of $52 for 10/2-10/6. 3.5 stars, I won it on the second rebid with adding Garden Grove in addition to Anaheim resort.

          We got the Crowne Plaza Anaheim. We've never stayed there but I keep hearing good reviews about it except the fact I found out there is a $12 a night resort fee. so in addition to $52, now basically my rate is $64. Oh well, what can you do???

          So we'll be in California again in 3 days...can't wait!
          We have stayed at 5 of the 3.5* hotels and the Crowne Plaza is our favorite. I am sure you will enjoy your stay there.

          Comment


          • Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

            Ok so just now i bid on a 4 star hotel in the disneyland area ONLY for 12/2-12/4 and bid $49 and the bid was accepted...so now i will be staying at a 4 star hotel for 118 total for two nights! this cant be real, can it??

            Comment


            • Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

              Originally posted by Ilovemickey View Post
              Ok so just now i bid on a 4 star hotel in the disneyland area ONLY for 12/2-12/4 and bid $49 and the bid was accepted...so now i will be staying at a 4 star hotel for 118 total for two nights! this cant be real, can it??
              Yea, on PL you can get some awesome deals at times. So you going to share which hotel it was?

              Comment


              • Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

                I just finished using Priceline. And scored the Doubletree Anaheim in Orange on the City Drive. They accepted my bid $41 for 6 nights 11/20-11/26.
                sigpic


                Comment


                • Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

                  We stay at this hotel quite often. The best perk is the free shuttle that runs every 1/2 hour. Plus you get free, warm cookies each night.
                  Adults are only kids grown up, anyway - Walt Disney

                  Comment


                  • Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

                    Originally posted by awaflyboy View Post
                    Yea, on PL you can get some awesome deals at times. So you going to share which hotel it was?
                    I actually made a mistake and thought that the review page of what you want to bid was them actually accepting my bid...which was not the case...I tried it again and i couldnt find anything for 3 stars that they would accept for around 55 dollars...that was my top price. So we are staying at the Extended Stay America in the remodeled units for $55 a night. Its only .6 miles away form Disney so i cant complain.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X