Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

DISNEY RESPONDS TO CRITICISM FROM ABIGAL DISNEY

Disney has responded to Abigail's recent comments and they can be discussed in this thread - https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...neyland-resort
2 of 2 < >

MICECHAT COMMUNITY RULES

See more
See less

How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to use Priceline to your advantage in Anaheim

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    FYI we got that Extended stay using Hotwire. It was a decent place but fairly far from the park.
    Thats right ! That was not too bad, it was $39 a night right ? Once I finally found it !

Comment

I bid on 3.5 stars, and bid $50. (Priceline) I got Hilton Anaheim, which is under renovations, and part of them will be done in November. I don't arrive til December. I figure this is whey they are accepting bids, because they are under construction. Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
        I've even had it happen where I have been rejected, and then priceline tells me that if I increase the bid by a certain amount, I will get a hotel.
        yes, that's what happened to me on my last priceline adventure.

Comment

I've even had it happen where I have been rejected, and then priceline tells me that if I increase the bid by a certain amount, I will get a hotel.
          This happens a lot. For example you bid $50 and Priceline comes back with no hotels but then will tell you that if you bid $58 right now your bid will be accepted. According to other tip sites they say to decline it because if you just add another area that does not have that level, i.e, your bidding 3* Disneyland, you can just add Seal Beach and increase your bid slightly like $2 then according to tipsters you will get a hotel.

As Sirclinks has said, it takes some research to get the best deal.
          sigpic

Comment

I don't like the idea of not knowing where I'm staying until I pay. And if I need to have(read:RENT) a car to stay there or take a shuttle, I might as well just pay to know where I'm staying, and know that I'm close.
            It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMickey View Post
              Yeah, that happened to me once.

I ended up getting the Doubletree that time for $56.
              Sounds like the old bait and switch 'Sorry sir, we don't have that $10 model you are after, but I do have this $18 model right here which will do just the same!'

That looks like a closer move for their counteroffer - I'd still go back and rebid my increment. There is no reason for them to return their lowest price in their counter-offer - meaning you can still get it cheaper.

But with everything, its all a matter of how much you are willing to spend time and effort over. It may not be worth struggling over $4 if its one night

Comment

Originally posted by ghosty4 View Post
                I don't like the idea of not knowing where I'm staying until I pay. And if I need to have(read:RENT) a car to stay there or take a shuttle, I might as well just pay to know where I'm staying, and know that I'm close.
                The defined regions (for DLR in PL) are quite narrowly focused to the park. You don't have to worry about being placed so far out you must have a car. Of course that will vary by location where you are traveling to and of course your flexibility will alway play a role in that.

For instance, if I'm going on a trip to a convention where the convention is in a specific hotel and I have no plans on going anywhere else, the extra money paid to the 'full rate' to ensure I'm at the hotel and can just walk downstairs is worth it. But in other times, I know I'll be driving anyways (because I have to go visit customers, etc) then I have no real fixation for a certain hotel and using Hotwire or PL are big money savers.

In the case of DLR, the regions are so well defined to the park, and I don't mind walking, so which exact hotel is not as important as long as it meets my criteria. In this case, PL or Hotwire work well and you save a ton.

I saved enough on my hotel alone on my trip to DLR to pay for my park tickets.

The uncertainty is uncomfortable until you try it a few times. Do it with a trip when you have flexibility and you'll realize its not bad at all.

On our last trip to WDW, Avis wanted $600/week for a MiniVan. Using Hotwire I got Avis for about $220/week. That's huge.

I almost always use HW for cars and hotels when on business travel. I don't use the sites for airtravel myself simply because I don't have enough flexibility typically on the flights and I like to accumulate miles on certain carriers.

I primarily use Hotwire, but have used PL for DLR because Hotwire's results for me that time weren't too enticing.

Comment

We usually like to get a suite when we go to DL, do you know if you can request this when using priceline.com or hotwire.com?

Comment

^ Not typically. You can possibly get the Hilton Suites with Priceline, but you can't specifically request a suite.

Alot of hotels however will allow you to upgrade to a Suite after you priceline. You can just call the hotel directly, tell them you booked a room via priceline and if you can upgrade to a suite.

Better yet, call the hotels listed in the first post and ask if they will let you upgrade to a suite through them if you book through priceline for your initial room-rate.

You will pay more than just the priceline room, but potentially pay less than the full price of the suite.

Comment

Just got the Crown Plaza this saturday for $50.

Not bad for a holiday weekend.

Comment

Last Saturday: Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort (the one on Manchester).

Not bad. Not so sure if it's 3 stars, but it was clean and comfy and no loud neighbors this time. Can't beat the price for $50.

Comment

I bid yesterday for Nov 30 - Dec 3 (3 nights) First bid of $41 declined, added Buena Park and upped it to $43 declined.

24 hours later tried again, started with a bid of $42 and was again declined but counter offered to add $12, I declined. Re-bid adding Buena Park and $43 and won. We got the Crowne Plaza for $43 a night + tax/service fees of 24.90 for a total of 153.90. Then when we arrive we will also have to pay the 9.00 a day resort fee which includes their private shuttle bus and parking.

Not bad for a grand total of 180.90 for three nights at a 3* hotel that we actually like a lot.
                          sigpic

Comment

^ Nice hotel and not a bad price.

Especially considering we are paying $130 for 1 night at the Hilton Suites that same weekend. (we need to guarantee a suite since we have an extra person).

That $9 also includes High Speed Internet.

Comment

Should have posted eariler but we have used Priceline 3 times and have not been disappointed. we landed the Doubletree in Orange twice which my g/f loves and the staff has always been more than helpfull. Our last trip during halloween time they bent over backwards and changed our room because I questioned about no fridge. I called down just to ask and next thing I know they were at our door with a new room key. Plus we had 4 people in our party(at times) my brother was down for one night and another person spent 3 of the 4 nights there. I thought this might be a problem since we used Priceline and they'd charge us all kinds of extra fee's. Exact opposite. They even gave us free parking for one of the cars. Taking time to b.s. with the on-duty manager about local sports didn't hurt.
                              The other hotel we 'won' was Hyatt. A bit closer to the parks but with a car its a non-issue. No complaints. Better pool than Doubletree.
                              Even adding parking/resort fee's into budget the hotels are very reasonable.
                              I believe our winning bids were all between $50-$60.
                              Originally posted by Grumpee
                              I only care for Disney bling!

Comment

Of all the hotels we have won over the past two years my top 3 would be:

Hilton Suites - free parking, separate living room/big bedroom/big bathroom
                                Crowne Plaza - Nice beds, sleep package is nice, saltwater pool
                                Knott's Hotel - Staff was extremely nice, big rooms.
                                sigpic

Comment

I just got the Anaheim Hilton. Dec 7-9. $50.00 per night. I've stayed there before with a convention so I know it's a pretty nice place. I think then, even with the conventions rates, we paid per night what we are going to get this time for the whole trip. Parking is $12.00 a day, but we are only going two days so we'll live.
                                  It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

Comment

Originally posted by ghosty4 View Post

I with you there. After a nice long day at DL as long as there is a shower, and a bed, and I'm safe. Right across the street in a motel is just fine.
                                    -----------------------------------------------
                                    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by Jennith View Post
                                      I just got the Anaheim Hilton. Dec 7-9. $50.00 per night. I've stayed there before with a convention so I know it's a pretty nice place. I think then, even with the conventions rates, we paid per night what we are going to get this time for the whole trip. Parking is $12.00 a day, but we are only going two days so we'll live.
                                      Same Dates, Same Price, different hotel. LOL!!!

Comment

Last Saturday: Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort (the one on Manchester).
                                        We got this Holiday Inn for Sat and Sun Dec 1st and 2nd. Fifty bucks per night.
                                        Rick

Comment

This is a fantastic thread! Thank you Sir Clinksalot for starting it and to everyone else for contributing very useful information. Using the information found here, I just got the Anaheim Hilton for $48 on Dec. 8. Does anyone know if the Hilton takes room requests from a Priceline reservation--e.g. non-smoking/smoking preference?

I love finding helpful advice like this.
                                          MiceChat rocks!

Comment

Working...
                                          X