Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food on a budget suggestions

Brand new to micechat.com today, but LOVE Disneyland and have listened to some Disney podcasts for a while. I will be doing a whirlwind trip to Disneyland this summer (flying in early Sunday--playing at the park, playing all day Monday, Spending the morning at the park Tuesday and flying home that night). Can't really afford time to grocery shop or wait for a window for delivered groceries. What are your best ideas for eating at the park and keeping the cost as low as possible? This is an extra trip that we weren't planning on so not spending thousands of un budgeted money would be a good thing. Thank you so much!!!

Quick service. I look over dining options on the Disneyland app too. I believe prices are included except for buffets. Maybe that's something you can call Disney Dining and ask, that could be a bigger bang for the buck.

Comment

Tortilla Jo's nachos are less than $15 (price varies depending on meat options), tasty, and big enough to split with 3+ people even before all the free chips and salsa they'll bring to your table. Might be the best food value in the entire Resort.
      “Mostly I straddle reality and the imagination. My reality needs imagination like a bulb needs a socket. My imagination needs reality like a blind man needs a cane.”
      -Tom Waits

Comment

If you have space, at least pack some shelf-stable snacks: granola bars, trail mix, apples, fruit snacks, etc. (bring these from home).

Also be sure to bring a reusable water bottle to refill in the park - this will help you a lot. (if you forget, any restaurant/cafe with a soda fountain will give you ice water in a cup, too, but you do have to wait in line for this). In the summer heat this will be key!

If you can skip breakfast, it will save you time and money. Sometimes we find that a few snacks eaten before park opening, along with a 10-11 am brunch + a 4 pm dinner (supplemented with some snacks) gets you filled up enough AND helps you make use of off-peak times for dining.

In the park, some of our favorite options are:
        - chicken tenders in the Golden Horseshoe (as an added bonus, this is indoors and in a/c - great for summer.) They're probably $10 but could be worse, and are usually yummy! The line will get very lengthy in anticipation of an upcoming show, so be prepared. But, it's fun if you're there to watch a show while you eat... just depends on timing.
        - breakfast in Rancho Del Zocalo Mexican is filling and not horribly priced
        - Tasty Pilot Grill (but does it have a new name?? can't remember it now) in DCA. You can order extra beef patties for not very much money - maybe $1-3 extra. We do this for our young daughters as they don't ever eat the bun, but for grown ups it gives you a chance to make a more filling burger - either to fill you up OR to enable to adults to share. I think my husband has even ordered JUST a patty or two for himself and then makes a lettuce wrap (lettuce and other condiments available free at condiment bar) for a protein style burger.

If you ride the monorail to Earl of Sandwich (located at the end of Downtown Disney near ESPN Zone), we find it very tasty and reasonable. They have sandwiches, soups, etc. + it makes a nice reason to take the monorail.

I prefer all of the above because they are not places with actual servers that takes up an hour+ of your day. You'll need to wait in line to order, but then you've paid and can eat quickly and leave to get on to your next ride. If you want to sit-down, I like Carnation Cafe on Main Street... it's pricier but still not horrible. During the summer you may need reservations.

Comment

We always pack snacks like trail mix, Cheez-its, granola bars... We also share a lot so we're only buying 3 meals instead of 5. Adults can also order from the kids menu.

Comment

great! Thank you for all the responses. Can't wait!!!!

Comment

Bring your own bottle for water and pack some snacks, that's what I'll do on my next trip to Disneyland

Comment

Originally posted by MollaDoodle View Post
                Brand new to micechat.com today, but LOVE Disneyland and have listened to some Disney podcasts for a while. I will be doing a whirlwind trip to Disneyland this summer (flying in early Sunday--playing at the park, playing all day Monday, Spending the morning at the park Tuesday and flying home that night). Can't really afford time to grocery shop or wait for a window for delivered groceries. What are your best ideas for eating at the park and keeping the cost as low as possible? This is an extra trip that we weren't planning on so not spending thousands of un budgeted money would be a good thing. Thank you so much!!!
                If keeping costs down is important, there's a McDonalds just outside the park on harbor. Very nice and clean, and takes just a few mins to get there and back from inside the park.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X