Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Restaurant] Dinner Suggestions

Looking for a restaurant suggestion for dinner, outside of the parks, either Downtown Disney or one of the hotels.
    We'll be staying in the Disneyland Hotel. I was looking at Naples Ristorante, but it doesn't seem to have the best reviews.
    I am looking for something a little more moderate than Steakhouse 55.
    No food allergies or special needs.

Thanks in advance.

Moderate...Hmmm...here are my 2cts. Not a fan of Naples. Had horrible service there, but that was several years ago, Have thought about giving them a try again, though.

I think Uva Bar is just delightful for a nice dinner. Great burgers and sea salt fries to die for! Really nice handcrafted drinks as well. It's outside, so a light jacket will be needed. They light up their heaters in order to keep things comfy. Catal which is the sister restaurant across the way is nice...but I've always had better service at Uva and the atmosphere is magical in the evening.

My other suggestion would be Tortilla Joe's. AMAZING tableside guacamole and the margaritas are delicious. I've been to Ralph Brennan's on several occasions and feel eh about the place. Service is awkward and slow. ESPN is a sport bar...loud and fun...Maybe squeeze into Trader Sam's for a tropical drink and pupu if that's your thing...Not relaxing in there for dinner IMHO.

Comment

If you don't mind a 15-minute walk, the Gardenwalk has a number of restaurants. My favorite is Fire + Ice.

http://www.anaheimgardenwalk.com/din...gid=13&rid=198

Comment

Storyteller's Cafe is amazing. The roasted half chicken was absolutely delicious. I wasn't crazy about the corn chowder that everyone else seems to love, it tasted more like a bowl of heavy cream than it did corn. Everything else was great though, and the restaurant is beautiful.
        Don't let nostalgia cloud your judgement.

Next trip: Disneyland Resort November 16th-21st, 2015
        Last trip:
        Disneyland Resort November 17th-22nd, 2014

#Yzma'sLairCoaster2k15

Comment

Originally posted by DanaJ View Post
          If you don't mind a 15-minute walk, the Gardenwalk has a number of restaurants. My favorite is Fire + Ice.

http://www.anaheimgardenwalk.com/din...gid=13&rid=198
          Agreed on Garden walk. I love Bubba Gumps.
          Not anxious to die Sir, just anxious to matter.
          http://www.youtube.com/user/jediz28

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Goodstein View Post
            Storyteller's Cafe is amazing. The roasted half chicken was absolutely delicious. I wasn't crazy about the corn chowder that everyone else seems to love, it tasted more like a bowl of heavy cream than it did corn. Everything else was great though, and the restaurant is beautiful.
            You can also ask them for Napa Rose's wine list!

Comment

If everyone is over 21, Trader Joe's is yummy and inexpensive. Even with someone under 21, they have an area that is more "family friendly" that you can still order from. It's technically bar food, but definitely restaurant quality - sometimes better than some restaurants.

Comment

Here is the information you need. DO NOT SKIP STEAKHOUSE 55. Eat breakfast at steakhouse 55 it's not crazy expensive and a great representation of the food and service without the crazy cost.

Best food? CHICKEN AND WAFFLES FROM ROSCOE'S CHICKEN AND WAFFLES, take an Uber/Lyft to The spot right off of harbor(half hour walk) All the ghetto(sorry fam, it is what it is) in the heart of OC without the danger.

Or...Get and Uber)Lyft to Old Town Orange (about 8 bucks each way) and get the real main street feel with old antique shops and all the craft beer/hand made food you could ask for(literally everything except chinese)

Comment

Originally posted by disneywarcrafts View Post
                  Here is the information you need. DO NOT SKIP STEAKHOUSE 55. Eat breakfast at steakhouse 55 it's not crazy expensive and a great representation of the food and service without the crazy cost.

Best food? CHICKEN AND WAFFLES FROM ROSCOE'S CHICKEN AND WAFFLES, take an Uber/Lyft to The spot right off of harbor(half hour walk) All the ghetto(sorry fam, it is what it is) in the heart of OC without the danger.

Or...Get and Uber)Lyft to Old Town Orange (about 8 bucks each way) and get the real main street feel with old antique shops and all the craft beer/hand made food you could ask for(literally everything except chinese)

Agree!!

Comment

If you are willing and able to drive or uber a couple miles, Anaheim has a lot of eating options. For example, the little shopping center on Euclid near the 5, where 99 Ranch is, has several excellent Asian restaurants. A Vietnamese Pho place, a Chinese noodle place, a Mayalysian place and even a Jolibees (like a Filipino McDonalds.). Of course, 99 Ranch also has ready to eat food, including roast duck.

Also on Euclid, near Ball Road, is a Mexican supermarket (Northgate, I think), where you can get declicious, hearty made-to-order burritos and tacos that put Chipolte to shame. A huge list of meats and other fillings to mix and match. Plus Aguas Frescas, salsas, etc. They also have tamales, and various other ready to eat delicacies.

In fact, the whole area around Disneyland has a bunch of great, low cost ethnic places. It's a shame most folks don't bother to venture outside the Disney bubble.

And, yes, I agree that Roscoes Chicken and Waffles is great.
                    Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Comment

Many years back my husband and I enjoyed a really nice meal at Catal. I liked being upstairs, people watching. We were on the outdoor terrance and it made me feel like we were having a mini Club 33 experience. The music sounds better up there too. Food was well prepared and presented. It is a bit pricey but you are on vacation in Downtown Disney. I believe they also offer AP discounts.

Comment

someone suggested trader joes, i think they meant trader sams, near the pool at disneyland hotel. Tangaroa terrace is the restaurant there and very good and a great value. Kind of a hybrid of counter service with table service. Great ambiance. Do not get sucked into rainforest cafe, totally not worth it.
                        Truly, eating inside disneyland is where it's at. We end up at cafe orleans more times than any other.

Comment

Working...
                        X