X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoalingaLucy
    replied
    Originally posted by indianajack View Post
    In Australia, the bus drivers still give change. ;-)
    Coolest comeback ever.

Leave a comment:

• indianajack
    replied
    In Australia, the bus drivers still give change. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• theatremouse
    replied
    Yeah, it's been decades since buses would give change, and even the last I recalled doing so, the machine you feed the money into would spit out, at maximum, coins up to a dollar. But no humans handling change for a very long time. Lots of public transit now lets you buy a card and put money on it, so if you're not buying something like a multiday pass and are paying per-ride it'd just deduct whatever's on the card. But I've lived on both coasts and if you're paying cash on the vehicle (for places that even let you do that rather than buying a card or ticket at a machine first) it's been exact change only for many years.

Leave a comment:

• sheetz
    replied
    I've never heard of a driver for any public transit bus carrying change--it would simply take too long when there are lots of passengers boarding.

Leave a comment:

• indianajack
    replied
    I figured it out myself today, and it's pretty easy to take the bus between Knott's and Disneyland. As a service to others who want to make this trip and save money, this is what I found out. First the fare is $1.75, and the buses require exact change. If you pay extra, then you lose the money. I figured the bus driver would have change, but evidently they don't for fear of being robbed, so I paid $2 and ended up "donating" a quarter. The bus shop is on the Disneyland side of Harbor Blvd across the street from the Tropicana Inn, Best Western and Captain Kidd restaurant. After getting on there are a few circuitous stops until the bus gets on the 5 freeway. Then it stops in Fullerton for a few stops until making its way down Beach Blvd. When you get to La Palma, then you get off. That will be right in front of a Chase Bank. It's a brief walk to Knott's from there (it's across the street and you'll see the sign). Upon return, catch the bus back to Disneyland at the same cross-streets, but this time across the street from the Chase Bank and Knott's Berry Farm. Diagonal is a Claim Jumpers restaurant. From there the 460 will drop you off at the same stop across from the Best Western as you caught the bus. The trip is only about 15-20 minutes so it's quite brief. Figuring it out saved me a lot of money not taking a taxi or renting a car. Hopefully this post helps someone in the future.

Leave a comment:

• Bus From DLR Harbor Blvd to Knott's Berry Farm Question

I'm planning a one-day trip to Knott's Berry Farm from the DL resort area next week. I'm staying at Anaheim Plaza Hotel, and know that the bus metro 460 goes from Harbor to Knott's. Where is the closest bus stop and I assume it's on the DL side of the street to head to Knott's? Also how much is the fare and do I need one-dollar bills and change to pay exactly or to purchase a metro card?
    Thanks.
Working...
X