Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues

The MiceChat staff is listening to your PM's and the notes provided in the flagged posts. We will provide more information in a post that will be published no later than Sunday night, 6/23/19. The link will be provided here.
See more
See less

Best Western Plus Meridian cancelation/reschedule

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Hotel] Best Western Plus Meridian cancelation/reschedule

We're scheduled to go to Disneyland on September 19-23, and we're booked at the Best Western Plus Meridian, where we stayed the last several years. But we ran into a scheduling conflict and needed to reschedule, sometime in October, when everyone's schedule is cleared. But when we tried to reach out to BW to cancel, we couldn't do that - at least not without incurring penalties. I believe we scheduled directly with the hotel itself rather than online. So I did a search on the BW site to see about rescheduling, but it said to contact the hotel directly to make any changes to the reservation. Reservations made at the hotel directly cannot be modified or cancelled on Bestwestern.com. Like I said, I could be mistaken, but I don't think we did schedule online. In any case, I'm not sure if we can reschedule over the phone without incurring penalties and being forced to forfeit money already spent. Does anyone know?

By the way - I already tried to do a search online here, but I couldn't find anything, so I had to create a new thread from scratch.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Little trick, reschedule when you need to cancel, you probably passed the deadline but they will almost always let you reschedule, then later, you could cancel that date if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by CoalingaLucy View Post
      Little trick, reschedule when you need to cancel, you probably passed the deadline but they will almost always let you reschedule, then later, you could cancel that date if needed.
      First, thanks for the feedback.

My father said he will call them sometime today to reschedule, but I don't know what their response to him will be. He is gone right now. He said he will be back later, but I have no idea when. He mentioned something about doing this with a discount, which likely makes things more difficult.
      My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
      2. Pirates of the Caribbean
      3. Splash Mountain
      4. Mad Tea Party
      5. Peter Pan's Flight
      6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Comment

That may be part of the issue. Most hotels will let you cancel or reschedule within 24 hours, but it varies. Some will only let you reschedule without penalty, not cancel, or might have a different number of days in advance for one vs the other in terms of whether they charge you. If your goal is to reschedule anyway, then you're probably fine. But if you had a discount or a special deal or something, that might have its own rules. I've never stayed there so I don't know for sure, but if it were some kind of deal scenario, then even if googling turned up a general policy, it might not apply.

In the hospitality industry though they're unlikely to make you forfeit everything. The worst I've seen is one night's worth, and that was for outright cancelling less than 24 hours before the reservation, not just switching dates. The new dates you choose might have a different rate than you started with, so the trip might be more expensive overall, but that's not really a rescheduling fee so much as it is having to pay the price difference for two different things.

If you're still four days away I'd be surprised if they so strict you can't change a reservation without being charged. It'd actually convince me to avoid the chain if that's how they roll. I know that might not help your current sitch...but I'm guessing you can probably move the date.

Comment

Working...
        X