Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Thoughts on the Anabella

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Travel Planning] Thoughts on the Anabella

Planning a single night stay for the wife and I. Dining at Steakhouse 55 and thinking we'll just stay the night afterward. Want to try someplace new (we've done the Sheraton, Clarion, Hojo, DLH, PPH) and I have my eye on the Anabella.

Anyone have any thoughts on the place?
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

I don't know anything about the Anabella but the Portifino is alright of a one night stay and close enough to walk. Also the Majestic Gardens is real nice and they have free shuttles that run to and from the parks up to 1.5 hours after closing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
      Planning a single night stay for the wife and I. Dining at Steakhouse 55 and thinking we'll just stay the night afterward. Want to try someplace new (we've done the Sheraton, Clarion, Hojo, DLH, PPH) and I have my eye on the Anabella.

Anyone have any thoughts on the place?
      I've never stayed there but have generally heard good things about it. The only two complaints that I've read multiple reports of that really stick out were that they nickle-and-dime you (the room charge and the resort fee are standard just about anywhere nowadays but apparently they also charge additional assessment fees on both of them) and that there's not enough parking.
      "In Hell, everybody loves popcorn."

Comment

Thank you both.

The fees and taxes charged by the Anaheim hotels are outrageous, but unavoidable if one wants to stay near the park. It's the kind of magic however that my wife enjoys and thus I chose to do this for our anniversary.

As for the Portofino, our target is the DLH, not the main parks. We're just doing a single-night stay and won't be doing the parks in favor of more adult fun (possibly Trader Sam's or Uva). Anabella is a shorter walk to Steakhouse 55 so that's the key reason I'm looking to them. Second reason is it's a touch cheaper than the on-site hotels.

Comment

Actually, we can have a mod close this if they want. Our son seems to be coming down with with a major cold so we're cancelling the weekend.

Undecided on when we'll reschedule or revise things. Thanks all.

Comment

If you're still curious for future planning I can say I've had good experiences at the Anabella. The grounds are very well manicured and beautiful. They do kind of nickel and dime you on parking and resort fee's that aren't included in your original booking, which is becoming more of a standard these days from what I've heard. The beds are hit and miss. I've stayed in rooms where they were really comfy, and I've stayed in rooms where they were terribly worn (like sleeping in a crater). The walk to the parks is a little quieter, and you don't have to deal with as much crowding as you would on the Harbor side entrance. I also think it's more convenient to stay on that side of the park if you start and end your day in DTD. All that being said, I wouldn't book a room there if it was over 160/night.
            -Brian - Find me on Facebook

Comment

We stayed there once. Room is good, but there were huge roaches. And there are no elevators which made it hard with 2 kids and a stroller and luggage.
              Not anxious to die Sir, just anxious to matter.
              http://www.youtube.com/user/jediz28

Comment

Stayed there for a family get together / Disneyland visit about 10 years back and never again. We got in late, with a toddler. Called ahead to let them know we arriving very late and to verify they could still have a crib in the room. Was assured this would not be a problem. Arrive and they gave us a key card to an occupied room - the 2 young women in the room and I scared the heck out of each other yet the front desk was way too unconcerned and just handed us another key card, after a trek back down and over to the front desk, then back over and up the stairs again.

No crib in the second room. Called front desk and they sent up a maintenance person to bring and assemble a crib. Was missing screws to hold it together. Maintenance person went in search of another crib. 90 minutes later we had an assembled crib and were able to settle down for the rest of the night. Next day had to wait in a long (as in 20 minutes) line to talk with a manager, so this was not an isolated incident.

Also, we were told the shuttle bus stopped right in front of the motel so we bought passes because I was pregnant and we had an older family member with us. Well, all the shuttles were full in the morning so they never did stop. We ended up walking and eating the cost of the shuttle passes. Very disappointed. Yes, they may have changed, but their attitude that visit toward all their guests with issues/complaints left such a bad taste that I have not wanted to go back and try again.

Comment

Working...
                X