Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Disneyland Express Bus

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Express Bus

My wife and I are looking for transportation from LAX to the Best Western Park Place Inn and Suites.
    We have read some reviews regarding the Disneyland Express bus, some good, some not so good, and I was wondering what peoples thoughts are on this service.
    Has anyone taken this recently and if so, were there any issues?
    Does anyone have any other recommendations?
    I'm not interested in renting a car or taking Supershuttle (Suppershuttle is an E ticket ride in itself).

Thanks

Originally posted by IdahoGrumpy View Post
    My wife and I are looking for transportation from LAX to the Best Western Park Place Inn and Suites.
    We have read some reviews regarding the Disneyland Express bus, some good, some not so good, and I was wondering what peoples thoughts are on this service.
    I'm not interested in renting a car or taking Supershuttle (Suppershuttle is an E ticket ride in itself).

Thanks
    Are you talking about the Grayline Disneyland Resort Express? While I am a local I do have friends who have taken that only to be left at the airport for an hour or two, not fun after a flight.

If you can try to have a friend or family member pick you up in exchange for a tank of gas and a drink of their choosing later.

If that is not an option the Shuttles are the cheapest option and I have taken Super Shuttle nationwide for years and I am still alive. HA! Seriously though it is cheap and on time and you can also find coupons online.

Last but not least if you want convenience and want no other passengers, consider Uber & Lyft. The cost will be cheaper than you think, especially if you are new to them.

Good luck and try not to worry too much, just enjoy the experience and stay in the moment.

Comment

CoalingaLucy, Thanks for the response. Greatly appreciated.

Comment

CoalingaLucy, Thanks for the response. Greatly appreciated.
        My pleasure!

Comment

Thanks
          We used Lansky Limousines for our trip in May 2016 at the recommendation of a website called DLR Prep School and it was just awesome. Believe it was $200 round trip but driver was waiting for us at international arrivals, beautiful clean SUV waiting ready to go with chilled water bottles, and includes a 20 minute stop at a supermarket if you require it. Pick up for our return journey was just as prompt and courteous. We will definitely use this service again on our next trip.

Comment

I used the Disneyland Express bus to/from LAX the last time I was in Disneyland, mind you that was back in 2011, and I had zero issues at all! We had stayed at BW Anaheim Inn and the bus dropped us off at BW Park Place Inn instead, which was fine as we just walked the 5 minutes down the road. On the way back, they picked us up right in front of our hotel. I believe I do have the same bus service scheduled for my upcoming trip in May as well.

Comment

the express bus is probably last on my list of options, not the cheapest but probably the longest ride, especially since you will wait for many stops. You may be able to get a taxi for close to the price of an uber and not have to wait, I have had them give me a flat rate before but they are generally very close to what they quote before you accept the ride. super shuttle is not bad and definitely the cheapest option.

Comment

I used the Disneyland Express Bus ONCE many years ago. ONCE. There is nothing express about it. Waited for at least an hour at the airport to be picked up. When it was time to leave at the end of the trip, it required 3 phone calls to get them to pick us up (and we had to walk to a different hotel).

Cab, SuperShuttle, Lyft/Uber are all far better options, IMO.

DL Trips: '78, '84, '89, '90, '91, '96, '03, '06, '07(x2), '08, '10(x2), '12, '14, '15, '16
                DW Trips: '08
                International parks: Some day...

Comment

Working...
                X