Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirates premiere?

The previous "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies have had their red carpet premieres at Disneyland. Has anyone heard whether or not the upcoming new "Pirates" movie ("Dead Men Tell No Tales") will have its premiere at Disneyland? The movie opens in theaters on May 26, so the premiere should probably be on a Saturday just before that, either on May 20 or May 13.

Anyone hear any rumors (or definite plans) yet about a premiere at the park?

Well, I was keeping tabs on the Disneyland calendar. They should have posted info for May 13 today, but now they've taken down the whole month! I'm thinking things are in process.

Comment

May schedule is up. Nothing unusual about the 13th. So, maybe the 20th?

Comment

Thank you for bringing up the calendar. For some reason, I haden't thought about it. Good idea, as they will have to close the park early if they're going to have a premiere. I just checked it now, and as you mentioned,they only have the dates through May 13th listed, and none of them show an early closing time. So if they're going to do a premiere at the park, is going to have to be somewhere between the 14th and the 25th, and if they follow their past precedent of doing it on a Saturday, their only choices the 20th.

But it's also possible they're going to opt for some other venue this time around, other than the park. It's unusual for Hollywood to mess with a winning formula, but that doesn't mean they won't do it.

Comment

Ive been stalking all the sites they've used in previous years and nada yet, the only thing I find is the Hollywood Premiere and the Pirates contest on social Media, I see they gave us about a months notice last time so I am hoping if they are going to have it they announce it any day now. Keep checking the boys and girls club page in case they make them the charity the contributions go to and I will keep my fingers crossed for us all. Hope they have one this year "Especially since it is the last movie" and hope to see you there "Again if they do"

Comment

I've been trying to locate any information I can on the POTC V Premiere! It's not been a fruitful search.

As mentioned above, the Disneyland/DCA Park Hours are only available through Thursday, May 18th! And there are no adjusted hours reflected. Hopefully, the hours for the weekend of the 20th will be up in the next few days.

I also checked all the May showtimes (up through the 21st) at the El Capitan. Turns out there are no scheduled movies playing on Thursday, May 18th. Hmmm ... đŸ¤” I'd assume it's a possibility the premiere could be on that day. Aren't premieres at El Capitan typically during the week?

Comment

Normal hours posted on May 20. Hmmm... I'm trying to remember if they ever closed the park early on short notice at any of the other premieres. Or maybe they're not going to do it at DL this time. Puzzling. And frustrating.

Comment

I thought the park was closed from previous premieres but I can't remember that far back.

Comment

I found this site, but not sure if its correct - it seems like it won't be at Disney this time around. http://www./w/news/...ld-disneyland/

Comment

Hate to see them break the tradition, especially since I was hoping to maybe go if it were at DL. Not going to brave Hollywood, that's for sure. Oh, well. Really looking forward to the movie, though, especially since I've heard so many good things about it from critics who hated all the other sequels. So, the next question is: Is this really the LAST ONE?!

Comment

Press Release Date: April 25, 2017

POTC 5: DMTNT Red-Carpet World Premiere will be held at Disneytown inside the Shanghai Disney Resort on Thursday, May 11, 2017. This will mark the first time a "Hollywood Premiere" Movie has ever occurred in Mainland China. Scheduled attendees, Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Geoffrey Rush, Javier Bardem, Brenton Thwaites, directors Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg, and producer Jerry Bruckheimer will attend the gala event inside the Walt Disney Grand Theatre in Disneytown.

(I tried and tried to post this as a "new" topic, but apparently I am not worthy?)

Comment

Working...
                      X