Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Is something happening the weekend of Nov 2?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is something happening the weekend of Nov 2?

Hey Everyone,

I am trying to plan a trip to Disneyland from November 1 to the 4, which I feel like usually isn't extraordinarily busy. However it seems like a lot of hotel rooms are already sold out or hotels are only taking advance payment. More than other weekends around that time. Does anyone know if there is a big convention or an event I am missing happening that weekend?

Thanks for the help!

I'll be in the parks from the 29th of October to the 2nd of November and I didn't have much trouble finding a room for my party. Most other trip planning websites seem to say that the park shouldn't be very busy either.

Comment

You have two things going on during that time period.

BlizzCon 2018 (which is pretty big) is going on at the Anaheim Convention center the 2nd and 3rd. While it may not cause a spike in park attendance, it probably will cause some kind of impact with the local hotel space.

Dapper Day is also the 3rd and 4th. This one will probably cause more of a spike in park attendance, it might also cause a slight issue with local hotel space (never been during it, so not sure if these events are mostly locals or not).

Comment

There will also be one hotel less in walking distance to the parks - I just found out that the Quality Inn & Suites on Manchester is closing November 4th to be torn down for a Hilton rebuild. Very sad about this - it was our family's go-to place once we got priced out of the resort hotels. If I could - I'd have booked a last-minute trip to say goodbye.

Comment

Working...
        X