Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transportation from John Wayne to Disneyland?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transportation from John Wayne to Disneyland?

Can anyone assist me with information on affordable shuttles to and from John Wayne Airport to the general Disneyland area? I'm trying to put together my trip plans and need to make certain I have all my bases covered. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Transportation from John Wayne to Disneyland?

Easiest and best option, IMHO, just get a taxi, about $40 plus tip one way.

Plenty of taxis are waiting right across the street from the Luggage Pick Up area, and will take you directly to your hotel.

No waiting for others to board, no need to drop other folks off before you get to the hotel, etc. And since if you take another option, such as the Disneyland Express Airport Bus or a Shuttle Van, you might save only a few bucks (it is around $10 to $15 a person one way).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
      Easiest and best option, IMHO, just get a taxi, about $40 plus tip one way.

Plenty of taxis are waiting right across the street from the Luggage Pick Up area, and will take you directly to your hotel.

No waiting for others to board, no need to drop other folks off before you get to the hotel, etc. And since if you take another option, such as the Disneyland Express Airport Bus or a Shuttle Van, you might save only a few bucks (it is around $10 to $15 a person one way).
      Unfortunately... I'm going by myself. So $40 each way is a tad bit steep. Do you possibly have any links where I can look into the shuttles further?

Darkbeer, you always come through with helpful tips and for that I say thank you.

Comment

Here is a link to the Disneyland Express, including schedules and pricing...

http://graylineanaheim.com/airport_info.cfm

One more option, check out the prices at Hotwire.com for rental cars, you can usually find them under $20 a day.

Thanks for the complement
        Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

I believe super shuttle is 20 dollars and thats what we take every time from john wayne to the hotel. yeah you have to drop a few others off, but all 4 times I have gone its been a small detail. call them, make a reservation , they have a shuttle right out the friont door across the street and you give them your name and they give you a seat. piece of cake.

Comment

Does Super Shuttle handle the luggage for you? And is it neccessary to have a reservation, or can you pay when you get to the airport? And if you are using them to get back to the airport, how early do they reccommend that you get picked up at your hotel? I don't want to have to get up extra early to sit on a shuttle bus while it goes around to other hotels picking people up!

Comment

Originally posted by scanmom View Post
              Does Super Shuttle handle the luggage for you?
              yeah, you take it to the curb and they put it in the van

And is it neccessary to have a reservation, or can you pay when you get to the airport?
              yes you must have a reservation, its simple , just call and make one.

And if you are using them to get back to the airport, how early do they reccommend that you get picked up at your hotel?
              well considering you need to be at the airport 2 hours early I would say give it an extra hour. so 3 I guess. better safe then sorry right?
              I don't want to have to get up extra early to sit on a shuttle bus while it goes around to other hotels picking people up!
              really we only picked up a few folks, and only one time did I have to go to more then 2 motels on the same strip. so its pretty darn easy and convient

Comment

Similar to Suppershuttle is Greenvan. Jimmie and I used it a couple years ago. I think it was $20 per person round trip. On return, we had to be picked up about 3 hours before our flight. They typically pick up/drop off at 2-3 hotels per trip.
                Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
                2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
                2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
                sigpic

Comment

All this info is fantastic. This is exactly why I am glad I found this site and board and registered immediately.

Thank you to everyone here.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X