Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Travel Planning] SoCal Trip 2020

Sorry if this is long winded.

Looking for some advice here. I have a MAJOR DL itch that I need to scratch. I know crowds will be higher for a while due to Galaxy's Edge, which is one reason why I'm just looking for a timeframe in 2020. Now, my major hurdle is, my daughter is in highschool now and we can't take her out of school more then a day or two. So, I'm resigned to have to schedule this around our school schedules, which is what 95% of all families do, so I do expect crowds naturally. Our last visit was at the end summer 2018 and DL had some pretty major crowds, Universal and Knotts were pretty darn nice though (crowd and weather wise). Our major vacations per the school calendar are:
    2019 (I'm not against going later this year if that seems the best time):
    Thanksgiving - 11/23-11/31
    Christmas - 12/21-1/5
    4 day weekend - 01/29-02/2
    Spring Break - 3/21-3/29
    Summer - 6/13- 9/7/19

We are hoping to include Universal (2 days), Six Flags (1-2 days), Disneyland (at least 4), and possibly Knotts (1day)

If anyone has experience in these time frames and might be able to suggest what worked out best for them, I'd be forever grateful. My understanding is that different states have different spring break times, so, potentially Oregon's spring break might not be Cali's/Nevadas/ect. Or, is there some suggested week in the summer break that you may have found to be a decent experience (crowd wise). Essentially, as with everyone, I'd love to visit when its not a capacity and I'd love some suggestions.

Thank you all so much!

As a side note, if anyone has experience staying in the Six Flags area, I'd love to hear it. Doesn't seem to be the best lodging around it, and too far from DL to drive to and from in one day.
Working...
X