This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grocery Store Near Disneyland?

Where is the closest grocery store (not a 7-11, but a real grocery store) to Dland? I did a search, but came up empty.

Thank you!

Re: Grocery Store Near Dland?

Albertson's just south on Harbor maybe 2-3 stoplights! I think cross street is Chapman!

There is also an Albertson's a couple miles west on Katella too!
    :smart: :music: :vogue: :razz: :wave:

Comment

Food 4 Less on Katella and Euclid. Just to the west of the park.

Comment

We usually go to Vons

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&cl...i=lmd&z=14&t=m

Food 4 Less

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=s...i=lmd&z=14&t=m

Albertson's

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=s...i=lmd&z=14&t=m
        Last edited by Michael_Lee; 12-06-2007, 10:15 AM. Reason: Add Maps
        Check out my flickr photos!

Comment

Thanks for the question and answers folks. This is a good resource thread, therefore, I'm moving it to the Travel Planning section so people can easily find it when planning their trips.

-Dusty
          MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Re: Grocery Store Near Disneyland?

Thanks, folks! Y'all are awesome!

And thank you, Dusty, for moving this where I'll be able to find it again if needed.

Comment

ABC Market
              1765 S Harbor @ Katella
              When I go to Disneyland, I tune my FRS Radio to channel 2, without a quiet code. They're faster than a cell phone and you can talk to a whole group at a time, and you don't have to get everyone's cell phone number in advance.

Comment

I have never seen any of those stores near DL! Are any of them within walking distance? (up to 1.5 miles or so away).
                Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                on Bay Lake.

Comment

The closest option is the Food4Less on Katella Ave, about 1 mile west of the DLR.

You can walk, or you can also take the public bus, OCTA Route 50 runs up and down Katella Ave every 30 minutes or so. $1.25 per person one way.

But you could walk to the Food4Less, then use the bus to help carry your items back.

There are also a lot of other places to shop and eat on the corner of Harbor and Euclid, John's Philly Steak and a Fish and Chips place next door are great, a Hometown Buffet for those looking for a large meal. Also a Kmart and a Walgreen's.

Not sure where you are staying, but I am going to start the map at the corner of Katella and Disneyland Drive, basically the South West Corner of the DLR, where California Screamin' is.

Here is a marked map.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1553042

One nice benefit of the Food4Less (owned by Kroger/Ralphs) is that there are no type of club cards, so everyone gets the same low prices.

Also, someone mentioned the ABC Mart, which is next door to the 7/11 on Harbor and Katella, they are both similar type of stores, but I think it seems the ABC Mart has slightly lower prices.
                  Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

I grew up in Anaheim, so I should know this....but off hand, the grocery store that comes to mind is a Vons that is on Lincoln - east of Harbor. Go North on Harbor to Lincoln - turn right/east and it's just before Anaheim Blvd.

It's near Anaheim City Hall.

Address: 130 W. Lincoln, Anaheim, CA 92805

It's 2.9 miles from Disneyland.
                    Last edited by Disneyland Daddy; 01-14-2008, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Thanks!

I'm staying on Katella, so Food4Less sounds like it will be very close. I see grocery stores so rarely when visiting Anaheim, I do know where the 7-11 and ABC are. I get my chocodiles from whichever is cheaper.

Thank you everyone for all the info, I wasn't the OP - but it's really helpful! Now if In and Out could just move closer to Disneyland, I'd be set.
                      Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                        Thanks!

I'm staying on Katella, so Food4Less sounds like it will be very close. I see grocery stores so rarely when visiting Anaheim, I do know where the 7-11 and ABC are. I get my chocodiles from whichever is cheaper.

Thank you everyone for all the info, I wasn't the OP - but it's really helpful! Now if In and Out could just move closer to Disneyland, I'd be set.
                        Well, it is easy to get to an In-n-Out Burger by bus, OCTA Route 43 goes up and down Harbor about every 15 minutes most of the day. Just get a north bound bus and head up about 3 miles (20 minutes) to the corner of Harbor and Orangethorpe. The bus stop is right in front of the In-n-Out.

And there is a lot of stores within a block. The Disney Character Warehouse is right across the street (Basically an outlet store for Park Merchandise), a Costco, a Target, more outlet/dollar stores, and a Henry's Grocery Store (not a full sized store, but more of a natural foods store (similar to Whole Foods, much bigger than a 7/11 type place, but not a typical Supermarket).

So you could multi-task and get a lot done at one location.
                        Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Thanks! I had a car last time, and went to the In and Out and Character Warehouse (which didn't seem to have as much as it once did).

I am not sure if I'll use a car this time, or maybe just rent for a day. I will get the route info for 43 in case I don't rent, that would be a big help. But the less I need to use a car, the better! That is the In and Out Burger I went to last time, I got lost trying to find it through (not sure how, it just seems a little set back from everything else!)

I've never found the Costco, though I know it's in the area.
                          Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X