Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Grocery Store Near Disneyland?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grocery Store Near Disneyland?

Where is the closest grocery store (not a 7-11, but a real grocery store) to Dland? I did a search, but came up empty.

Thank you!

Re: Grocery Store Near Dland?

Albertson's just south on Harbor maybe 2-3 stoplights! I think cross street is Chapman!

There is also an Albertson's a couple miles west on Katella too!
    :smart: :music: :vogue: :razz: :wave:

Comment

Food 4 Less on Katella and Euclid. Just to the west of the park.

Comment

We usually go to Vons

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&cl...i=lmd&z=14&t=m

Food 4 Less

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=s...i=lmd&z=14&t=m

Albertson's

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=s...i=lmd&z=14&t=m
        Last edited by Michael_Lee; 12-06-2007, 11:15 AM. Reason: Add Maps
        Check out my flickr photos!

Comment

Thanks for the question and answers folks. This is a good resource thread, therefore, I'm moving it to the Travel Planning section so people can easily find it when planning their trips.

-Dusty
          MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
          Save

Comment

Re: Grocery Store Near Disneyland?

Thanks, folks! Y'all are awesome!

And thank you, Dusty, for moving this where I'll be able to find it again if needed.

Comment

ABC Market
              1765 S Harbor @ Katella
              When I go to Disneyland, I tune my FRS Radio to channel 2, without a quiet code. They're faster than a cell phone and you can talk to a whole group at a time, and you don't have to get everyone's cell phone number in advance.

Comment

I have never seen any of those stores near DL! Are any of them within walking distance? (up to 1.5 miles or so away).
                Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                on Bay Lake.

Comment

The closest option is the Food4Less on Katella Ave, about 1 mile west of the DLR.

You can walk, or you can also take the public bus, OCTA Route 50 runs up and down Katella Ave every 30 minutes or so. $1.25 per person one way.

But you could walk to the Food4Less, then use the bus to help carry your items back.

There are also a lot of other places to shop and eat on the corner of Harbor and Euclid, John's Philly Steak and a Fish and Chips place next door are great, a Hometown Buffet for those looking for a large meal. Also a Kmart and a Walgreen's.

Not sure where you are staying, but I am going to start the map at the corner of Katella and Disneyland Drive, basically the South West Corner of the DLR, where California Screamin' is.

Here is a marked map.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1553042

One nice benefit of the Food4Less (owned by Kroger/Ralphs) is that there are no type of club cards, so everyone gets the same low prices.

Also, someone mentioned the ABC Mart, which is next door to the 7/11 on Harbor and Katella, they are both similar type of stores, but I think it seems the ABC Mart has slightly lower prices.
                  Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

I grew up in Anaheim, so I should know this....but off hand, the grocery store that comes to mind is a Vons that is on Lincoln - east of Harbor. Go North on Harbor to Lincoln - turn right/east and it's just before Anaheim Blvd.

It's near Anaheim City Hall.

Address: 130 W. Lincoln, Anaheim, CA 92805

It's 2.9 miles from Disneyland.
                    Last edited by Disneyland Daddy; 01-14-2008, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Thanks!

I'm staying on Katella, so Food4Less sounds like it will be very close. I see grocery stores so rarely when visiting Anaheim, I do know where the 7-11 and ABC are. I get my chocodiles from whichever is cheaper.

Thank you everyone for all the info, I wasn't the OP - but it's really helpful! Now if In and Out could just move closer to Disneyland, I'd be set.
                      Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                        Thanks!

I'm staying on Katella, so Food4Less sounds like it will be very close. I see grocery stores so rarely when visiting Anaheim, I do know where the 7-11 and ABC are. I get my chocodiles from whichever is cheaper.

Thank you everyone for all the info, I wasn't the OP - but it's really helpful! Now if In and Out could just move closer to Disneyland, I'd be set.
                        Well, it is easy to get to an In-n-Out Burger by bus, OCTA Route 43 goes up and down Harbor about every 15 minutes most of the day. Just get a north bound bus and head up about 3 miles (20 minutes) to the corner of Harbor and Orangethorpe. The bus stop is right in front of the In-n-Out.

And there is a lot of stores within a block. The Disney Character Warehouse is right across the street (Basically an outlet store for Park Merchandise), a Costco, a Target, more outlet/dollar stores, and a Henry's Grocery Store (not a full sized store, but more of a natural foods store (similar to Whole Foods, much bigger than a 7/11 type place, but not a typical Supermarket).

So you could multi-task and get a lot done at one location.
                        Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Thanks! I had a car last time, and went to the In and Out and Character Warehouse (which didn't seem to have as much as it once did).

I am not sure if I'll use a car this time, or maybe just rent for a day. I will get the route info for 43 in case I don't rent, that would be a big help. But the less I need to use a car, the better! That is the In and Out Burger I went to last time, I got lost trying to find it through (not sure how, it just seems a little set back from everything else!)

I've never found the Costco, though I know it's in the area.
                          Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X