This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Kidd's redeux

Well i joined this board just to join in on the Kidd's thread above as I too had seen if lambasted all over on many Disney boards. Unfortunately that thread after I joijd I found locked.

Let me just say this..

We were at Disneyland the first week of February this year.
    We were looking for a quick but filling meal our first night in town so we hit Captain Kidd's for the Dinner buffet.
    There were 3 of us, My GF, her 12 year old and me.

We ordered the buffet and 3 sodas. By the time we got our first plates of food to the table there were our drinks, place settings, the table had been re-cleaned( it was fine to begin with), and they even brought the boy crayons for his placemat.

The food was excellent. Loved their Rice Pilaf and especially their BBQ Spareribs. The ribs were moist, and mouth wateringly fell off the bone. Fantastic I had 3 helpings. The pizza.. well it was frozen quality, but hey this isn't Shakey's or Pizza hut so there ya go. The mac and cheese was no better or worse than Home Town buffet's.
    The Amount of items wasn't all that great but the variety of them was. Chinese food, ribs, burgers, hot dogs, pizza, mexican dishes, chicken in 3 varieties, 2 good soups, and a salad bar. Oh and lets not forgets some of the best Yankee Pot Roast that night I have ever tasted!

We couldn't even get our first sodas done when the waitress appeared with an entire carafe of iced soda for each of us. She and the entire staff were very friendly, quick to help with any request, and they bussed tables faster the Black Angus.

I'm assuming that since this was the off season at DL that these were the full time staff and not the tourist season (summer vacation student) staff so that may be why they were so good to us. Any restaurant's staff goes downhill during the summer months.

Our only complaint was the 3 bucks each for soda.. talk about price gouging( for those not in food service a 12 oz soda costs about 12-16 cents to dispense via fountain). I guess it levels the playing field for the low cost of the buffet. But having went to our local Hometown Buffet 3 days before our trip and having Lousy service, low quality food, slow bussers, and a their having jacked their prices to 11 bucks plus each, This was fantastic.
    They got a big tip!

For the cost alone( we spent more on breakfast for 3 at IHOP down the block), but also for the convenience and the great hours of service, we definitely will be visiting them again on our next trip to DL.

Re: Captain Kidd's redeux

Sounds good, I think we will try this place again. when we first tried it it was called something else. Since its close to our motel looks like a plan

Comment

I'm so glad you give this place a good review. My wife and I were leaving Disneyland the other day and wanted to stop somewhere we thought would 'work' for us - being that it has the word KIDD in it, we thought it might be good for our 'KID'.

Anyway, we vascilated and ended up going to Mimi's Cafe.....but now that you give it a good review, we'll definitely have to stop by soon!

Thanks for the useful info!

Comment

this is all i have to say

Comment

WOW that looks so nasty :yuck:
          Good morning, son
          In twenty years from now
          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
          And I can tell you 'bout today
          And how I picked you up and everything changed
          It was pain
          Sunny days and rain
          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
            WOW that looks so nasty :yuck:
            Buffet stuff is never "artfully presented", you just grab what looks and smells interesting and plop it on the plate. You can always go back for seconds.

What it tastes like is the important thing - that, and it keeps agreeing with you for several hours afterwards...

I'm not really big on buffets for one reason - they are usually priced rather high. The only way they are a value is if you totally pig out, and I'm trying to drop a few pounds.

--<< Bruce >>--
            There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

I'm hoping that this is a permanent change for the better. We ate there once and were totally disgusted. Nothing was remotely warm - most of the food looked like it had sat out on the buffet for a few hours! We usually pass right by on our way to mimi's.
              sigpic
              Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
                Buffet stuff is never "artfully presented", you just grab what looks and smells interesting and plop it on the plate.
                --<< Bruce >>--

That depends on how well YOU slop it on your own plate
                Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
                  I'm so glad you give this place a good review. My wife and I were leaving Disneyland the other day and wanted to stop somewhere we thought would 'work' for us - being that it has the word KIDD in it, we thought it might be good for our 'KID'.

Anyway, we vascilated and ended up going to Mimi's Cafe.....but now that you give it a good review, we'll definitely have to stop by soon!

Thanks for the useful info!
                  Next time you go to Mimi's get some orange juice. My uncle's company is their supplier. Same as the Citrus House!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X