This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Du-Par's Restaurant

This place ROCKS for breakfast! The best hotcakes I've ever tasted. Huge portions, seriously consider splitting an order!!

Re: Du-Par's Restaurant

I've only been to the one in Studio City and the breakfast is very good, but it is a greasy old diner and always feels about as clean as a Dennys which scares me. However their french toast is amazing, and it was a huge hangout for me and my friends decades ago.

I haven;t been recently so I don't know how it fairs now.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

I went for lunch one time and thought the place was sub-du-par.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

We used to go to the one in Thousand Oaks all the time when I was a kid. We haven't been there in YEARS.

Comment

They just re-did the one at the Farmers Market within the last few years. It's always been a greasy spoon restaurant, but their pies are pretty good!
          I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
          sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

Seriously? I used to live near the Studio City original and find it hard to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by honeymom View Post
              Seriously? I used to live near the Studio City original and find it hard to believe.
              One: The Studio City location is hardly the original. The Farmer's Market one has been around since 1938.

Two: Which post in the thread are you responding to?

Three: I miss the Glendale location.

Four: Best french toast anywhere, pancakes & chicken pot pie are great, pies are great, and while most of the rest of the menu is really good, some things are better than others, and some of it depends on location. It all depends on what you order.

Comment

One: Sorry, I thought you were referring to Studio City which always seemed dingy and I had believed to be the original.
                Two: That it rocks for breakfast.
                Three: Not familiar with the Glendale location.
                Four: As you say, it all depends on location and I don't think the SC location lives up to it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X