Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Californian

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Grand Californian

    Not sure if I should be asking this here: but my girlfriend and I have our one year anniversary coming up, and we want to do something special. Its actually this month, but were thinking of staying at Grand Californian as soon as its cheap.

    My boss was telling me how she stayed there a year ago for around $250 or so, so I'm wondering if anyone knows when the best time to stay at the Grand Californian is for less than $300. Thanks!

  • #2
    Re: Grand Californian

    250/nght? That was probably the month of January. If you're an AP holder, phone up the hotel directly and ask if they have any special AP rates to offer. A
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Grand Californian

      I reccomend calling your local travel agent like AAA, they can book you a room usually at a decent rate. Good luck.
      "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Grand Californian

        Originally posted by PretzelSouls View Post
        I reccomend calling your local travel agent like AAA, they can book you a room usually at a decent rate. Good luck.
        You can call DL directly and ask for the AAA rate, AP Rate or CA Resident Rate. If any are available they will let you know.
        Denise
        www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum:thumbup:

        Be careful of imitators. Only book with
        Authorized Disney Vacation Planners!
        denise@magicaltravel.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Grand Californian

          Grand Cal isn't really ever cheap, but it is a great place to stay if you're celebrating something.
          Good morning, son
          In twenty years from now
          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
          And I can tell you 'bout today
          And how I picked you up and everything changed
          It was pain
          Sunny days and rain
          I knew you'd feel the same things...


          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Grand Californian

            Honestly....is it worth paying the steep prices? I've never stayed at a Disney property and I've often wondered if it was TRULY worth it. I've stayed at nearby hotels that were fine, for 1/4 of the cost of a DL hotel. I love to spend money---don't get me wrong, I am just wondering if it's worth it at these hotels.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Grand Californian

              Originally posted by PrinceAuryn View Post
              Not sure if I should be asking this here: but my girlfriend and I have our one year anniversary coming up, and we want to do something special. Its actually this month, but were thinking of staying at Grand Californian as soon as its cheap.

              My boss was telling me how she stayed there a year ago for around $250 or so, so I'm wondering if anyone knows when the best time to stay at the Grand Californian is for less than $300. Thanks!
              AP rates are your best bet. I have never stayed at the GCH for more then $200 (before tax) a night. The best deal we got was last February $189 a night. So far we have used AP rates in February, May, Sept, November and early December. I know the current AP6 rate is good through May 31.

              Even if you do not have the AP right now you can still book the room at that rate. You just have to have it when you check in.

              I think it is a wonderful place to stay and worth the price especially for a special occasion.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Grand Californian

                We stayed at DLH Dec '08 using a family member's AP rate. They had to meet us there when we checked in. It was a wonderful, memorable visit but unless you have the money to spare I think many other hotels are just as nice. I imagine the price is what you pay for the little "extras" or the magic. Unless we could get the discount I'm not sure we'd stay there again. Everyone should do it once .......... for the magic!
                sigpicDisneyBroad54

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Grand Californian

                  Originally posted by PrinceAuryn View Post
                  Not sure if I should be asking this here: but my girlfriend and I have our one year anniversary coming up, and we want to do something special. Its actually this month, but were thinking of staying at Grand Californian as soon as its cheap.

                  My boss was telling me how she stayed there a year ago for around $250 or so, so I'm wondering if anyone knows when the best time to stay at the Grand Californian is for less than $300. Thanks!
                  Wow...I was going to ask something like this too. Wife and son and I were wanting to use our stimulus check to do something like this, but it would be in the summer - which is the higher rates.

                  If anyone has an 'in' for cheap, please let PrinceAuryn and I know...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Grand Californian

                    I just booked the GCH using a special offer from my Disney Visa which are run a couple of times a year. Just about half price.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Grand Californian

                      I say spend all the time you can on the hotel grounds...especially the lobby, fireplace, Hearthstone lounge, etc. Then go sleep and shower at a cheaper hotel nearby, and put some of the money you've saved toward a nice dinner at the Napa Rose.

                      The rooms themselves, at least the ones I've gotten at discount rates, are nothing to write home about and the view is usually not of DCA but of the parking lot and the hotels across the street.

                      There's no doubt, though, the GCH is a beautiful representation of the whole "artisan" period.
                      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Grand Californian

                        I've never actually stayed there overnight but I have spent a lot of time in the lobby on the couches, at the bar, outside by the fireplace, and at the pool, and it is a GREAT hotel!!

                        My best score ever!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Grand Californian

                          Originally posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
                          I just booked the GCH using a special offer from my Disney Visa which are run a couple of times a year. Just about half price.
                          What's the offer? I've got a Disney Visa but I don't see any hotel offer going at the moment.

                          I just booked at the Disneyland Hotel with an AP discount, the price was $159 per night.
                          Last edited by wbarley; 07-31-2008, 08:00 PM.
                          sigpic
                          If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/blendywee

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Grand Californian

                            Originally posted by duckiedianne View Post
                            I've never actually stayed there overnight but I have spent a lot of time in the lobby on the couches, at the bar, outside by the fireplace, and at the pool, and it is a GREAT hotel!!
                            Isn't the pool for hotel guests only?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Grand Californian

                              Originally posted by wbarley View Post
                              What's the offer? I've got a Disney Visa but I don't see any hotel offer going at the moment.

                              I just booked at the Disneyland Hotel with an AP discount, the price was $159 per night.
                              Sorry, I didn't see your post until now. I get my Disney Visa offers in the mail and sometimes thru an Email. Most are for WDW. When I saw one for DLand I booked that nite.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X