Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Mine Train - when did it close..

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine Train - when did it close..

Just curious.. I don't need the exact date, but the month and year would be great!! Thanks!

Re: Mine Train - when did it close..

1978-1979. BTMRR opened in '79.

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

Comment

-Jack :geek:
      Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

That ride was my favorite as a tyke.

Comment

Mine Train closed in January 1977. I have an article about it in a new thread here.

Comment

I believe it was specifically Jan 2, 1977.

Wow, my first time in this forum! How did I miss this??

Comment

The ride has closed - Yes - but its memory lingers on through the Order of the Red Handkerchief - Mine Trains International. This is one of the oldest clubs formed by former cast members of the Mine Train Ride. Over the years they have also taken in cast members that worked in Adventureland and Frontierland. In fact they just had their annual dinner banquet at the Holiday Inn on Saturday November 7th with about 50 in attendance including WDI's Tony Baxter.

Comment

I wish I could become a member of that group as the Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland is my all-time favorite attraction. I can still "ride it" in my head 33 years after I last rode it for real. Rainbow Caverns Mine Train opened on July 2, 1956, then closed October 11, 1959. The Nature's Wonderland area was constructed and the track was extended during the next 7 months. Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland opened on May 28, 1960 and closed permanently on January 2, 1977. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad opened on September 2, 1979 and Big Thunder Ranch first opened on June 27, 1986.

Comment

Thanks so much for your responses! Super helpful.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X