This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discontinued attraction you most want returned to Disneyland

Which discontinued ride, show or attraction would you most like to see returned to Disneyland?
    Captain EO
    3.73%
    PeopleMover
    32.92%
    Carousel of Progress
    6.21%
    Adventure Thru Inner Space
    14.29%
    Pack Mules
    0.62%
    Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland
    10.56%
    Skyway
    12.42%
    Country Bear Jamboree
    9.94%
    Skull Rock
    2.48%
    Other (specify)
    6.83%

Re: Discontinued attraction you most want returned to Disneyland

So, I'm too young to have experienced any of these attractions but Adventure Thru Inner Space sounds most intriguing!
    Last edited by astrologic; 09-06-2009, 10:33 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Inner Space was awesome and far superior to Star Tours which now occupies that area.

Comment

That's a tough one.

CBJ and SkyWay are definite favorites. ATIS was awesome and much more enjoyable than Star Tours ever was. But PeopleMover is impossible to resist. That's my choice, with ATIS a close second.

Comment

I loved Inner Space as a kid, but I'd like to see the PeopleMovers return.
          sigpic

Comment

the items that are listed as poll choices? cast my vote for all of them EXCEPT

captain eo. (send it over to knotts berry farm :evil:

Comment

Its always a toos-up for me. This time I voted "other" for America Sings. Adventure thrugh Inner space is a VERY close second followed my Mission to Mars and the People mover.

Comment

Too many to choose!!!
                Good morning, son
                In twenty years from now
                Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                And I can tell you 'bout today
                And how I picked you up and everything changed
                It was pain
                Sunny days and rain
                I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Absolutely People Mover. I loved the Skyway too but the People Mover went in and around. I liked the variety of it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Inner Space. I have the most nostalgia for this ride, easily.

People Mover would be a close second, but since I can ride it in Florida I don't miss it as much.
                    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

Inner Space was a great attraction and in my opinion had the best pre-show that Disneyland has ever had.

Comment

I voted CBJ but would like the PM too!
                        I have spent 80 days of my life at Disneyland.

Comment

Out of the options I said peoplemover, I really enjoyed that ride as a kid. It would be nice, though, to bring back Inner Space or the Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland just so I could experience those rides as well. Also I would rather have the old subs back as opposed to the new nemo subs, or at least a sub version that uses more animatronics rather than projections.

Comment

Wow, this one is tough!!! The only 2 I never expeienced were the mules and Nature's Wonderland. But the rest are a toss up....Peoplemover will get my vote with ATIS in close second (CBJ close third).
                            Imagination ~ dream a fantastic dream ~ use your imagination

Please visit my store!
                            http://www.zazzle.com/carouselofcolor*

My current blog - check it out!
                            http://www.thishappyplace.wordpress.com

Comment

CBJ!!! used to go and watch that every time i went when i was lil!!!
                              dude, where is my milkshake!

Comment

I voted for Skyway.

I barely remember the PM.... but I REALLY LOVED craning my head around to try sneak peeks at the riders on the Matterhorn. It was so exciting to be floating over-head and just watching all the action beneath you. It had that awesome ski-lift feel of being a smidge dangerous (how does that TINY cord hold all of us?!) and yet still contained enough to keep the heebie jeebies at bay. *sigh* I really liked it.
                                Last edited by leopardchucks; 09-09-2009, 08:39 PM. Reason: clarity
                                For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
                                http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

Comment

Yes, the Skyway scared me big time when I was a kid, but I learned to like it. The view of Fantasyland from above at night was colorful and beautiful - especially after the 1983 remodel of Fantasyland. But in my younger years it was pretty terrifying - even getting on and off it seemed dangerous - it was only there for a few seconds, and what if it took off before I was all the way on it, and I had to hang onto the outside or something? The things you imagine as a kid...

Comment

I had to go with People Mover. But Country Bears was a close second. I just feel that at least there is something where Country Bears used to be, where as People Mover is just empty and sad looking. Plus it was a nice slow ride, but was somehow fun...and it let you see what all the queues looked like in Tomorrowland before you picked the one to get in.
                                    Wow...I've been gone a long time...but I'm glad to be back!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
                                      Yes, the Skyway scared me big time when I was a kid, but I learned to like it. ... in my younger years it was pretty terrifying - even getting on and off it seemed dangerous - it was only there for a few seconds, and what if it took off before I was all the way on it, and I had to hang onto the outside or something? The things you imagine as a kid...
                                      ) I would always dream up crazy scenarios too!

The calm isolation up in the air was nice also. I'd like them to bring back something that could make you feel that again....floating free above it all....very serene and looking at the overwhelmingly fun chaos below you...
                                      For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
                                      http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

Comment

Originally posted by leopardchucks View Post
                                        ) I would always dream up crazy scenarios too!

The calm isolation up in the air was nice also. I'd like them to bring back something that could make you feel that again....floating free above it all....very serene and looking at the overwhelmingly fun chaos below you...

The Skyway was great for that. I loved it. But we brought my grandparents to the park and my grandma refused to ride it because she thought it was unsafe. Like we could fall at any moment and what happens if it got stuck somewhere, how would you get down. I didn't ever really think of all that, I just thought it was cool how high up in the air you were. But I did not like how it would wiggle when it passed the support columns.
                                        Wow...I've been gone a long time...but I'm glad to be back!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X