This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 17, 2010: First Christmas at California Adventure

Welcome to the holiday season at Yester California Adventure. It's now 2001 here. It's the new park's very first Christmas.

Please discuss the article here.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Re: December 17, 2010: First Christmas at California Adventure

wow, what a cluster-you-know-what that park was...

Comment

Lots of people comment on what a dump this place used to be, but I maintain that it was a fun little park. The ONLY reason why it was a crappy park was because it was a Disney park, one right next to the crown jewel of the Disney theme park kingdom. But if it were left to its own devices, or built by any other company, it would be a really fun and enjoyable park.

I think everyone was disappointed because Disney could do better... not necessarily because it was allegedly a junk park.

Comment

Yeah, now the former LuminAria Holiday Card Center and X-Games Arcade Building is half it's size and still empty, not being used for anything. (Disney, use it for a gift shop or a quick service restaurant, please?)

Timekeeper
        sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
        Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Thanks for the trip back in time, Werner. The park that is depicted in your photos will always hold a special place in my heart.

Comment

As much as I dislike DCA and lament what could've been (Westcot!!), I really wish that I could've visited the park back in its early days. I went in 2000 and saw it under construction, and then didn't go back until 2009 and by then a lot of the original stuff was already gone. I've never seen DCA the way it was originally intended and I've never seen it not under some sort of construction.
            disney world: 24
            contemporary, polynesian, caribbean beach, dolphin, wilderness lodge, dixie landings, port orleans

disneyland: 2
            next trip: september 2009 @ the disneyland hotel

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X