This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 10, 2011: Food & Wine & Rain Festival

On Saturday, October 8, the event could have been called the Epcot Umbrella & Poncho Festival—or perhaps the Epcot Soggy Food & Rainwater Cocktail Festival.

Link to WW Goes to WDW at Yesterland.com: Epcot Food & Wine & Rain Festival, 2011

Please discuss it here.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Re: October 10, 2011: Food & Wine & Rain Festival

I had a great time on the opening weekend of this year's F&W Fest. That first Friday night was especially nice, with great weather and not too bad crowds. Saturday, however, was wall to wall people! Next year I think I'll wait a couple weeks longer till the crowds diminish a bit. And I just can't imagine trying to juggle food and wine AND an umbrella, or trying to stay out of the rain. It just didn't look like much fun, no matter how good the food and wine are.

Comment

What is the cost per portion that is charged? I would have thought that it owul dbe free with entry to Epcot?
      I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Comment

Originally posted by Meville View Post
        What is the cost per portion that is charged? I would have thought that it owul dbe free with entry to Epcot?
        At the international marketplaces around World Showcase, wine tastes go for around $2.50 to $3.50. Tasting portions of food are typically $3 to $6. Tap beer is available in 6 oz., 12 oz., and 22 oz. sizes, at prices in the neighborhood of $3, $6, and $12, respectively.

The only things that are free are tastes at "Authentic Tastes" seminars on weekends and little bags of Ocean Spray Craisins at the cranberry bog.
        Werner Weiss

Comment

Wonderful article as usual Werner, very interesting to read, however I found one typo that I thought you might want to fix.
          Wonders of LifeHGTC Seminars and Authentic Taste seminars.
          I beleive you meant HGTV which is the sponsor of the event this year.
          Last edited by Disneylandfan67; 10-11-2011, 05:59 PM. Reason: Accidently clicked the "post" button at the wrong time :P
          All right, listen! I didn't want to have to do this, but you leave me no choice. Here comes the smolder.

DLR Annual Passholder, Disney nerd
          Trip Reports:
          From California to Walt Disney World: The Road to Orlando (Coming soon)

Comment

Originally posted by Disneylandfan67 View Post
            I beleive you meant HGTV which is the sponsor of the event this year.
            Thanks! I changed it to HGTV.
            Werner Weiss

Comment

Wow! It rained in central Florida! Who could have predicted that?
              Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
              Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X