• Show
Clear All

• Jan. 6, 2012: Safari Adventure at the Disneyland Hotel

Safari Adventure

Please discuss it here.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Re: Jan. 6, 2012: Safari Adventure at the Disneyland Hotel

Wonderful stories and pictures. Great article on a very fun subject.
    sigpicwww.magicalhotel.com

Comment

This is great!!! I have to admit, I was originally against the removal of the waterfalls and RC boats at the Disneyland Hotel. However, most of the changes they have made are very nice. Though I will miss the RC boats, I'm just glad that I can visit Yesterland to see old photos of one of the unique offerings that Disneyland Hotel used to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyway1981 View Post
        This is great!!! I have to admit, I was originally against the removal of the waterfalls and RC boats at the Disneyland Hotel. However, most of the changes they have made are very nice. Though I will miss the RC boats, I'm just glad that I can visit Yesterland to see old photos of one of the unique offerings that Disneyland Hotel used to have.
        I think the same mantra exists at the Hoterl as does at Disneyland "...will never be completed..."

Comment

Great article! But what I want to know, is where did all the set pieces and boats go? The only one I've seen since, was the boat available for auction at the D23 expo...

Comment

There were a few boats missing near the end, so I'm assuming people stole them. The rest are probably in storage somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by villagecreator View Post
              Great article! But what I want to know, is where did all the set pieces and boats go? The only one I've seen since, was the boat available for auction at the D23 expo...
              I saw one for sale on Ebay for I think $4000. I don't think there were any takers though.

Comment

Spent a lot of time skippering those boats.
                Check out my other blog:

Comment

I will say this... $10 was a bargain when you had 10 Skippers behind the wheels clowning each other! It was a great way to blow off steam after a long day on the river.
                  "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

That was a terrific tribute to the cool little Jungle Cruise motor boats area....Thanks for sharing.

A love of Disney that sometimes borders on the edge of crazy ---but I'm okay with that

http://braddisneylandblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

One of my best memories of my first trip to Disneyland had to do with those boats, back in 2002. We were officially staying in Anaheim for a conference at the Convention Center, but my dad booked us at the Paradise Pier Hotel instead of the officially designated conference hotel so we would be freer to explore the parks in the off-time. One night my mom and dad a fancy dinner to get go to, so for one of the first times ever, they granted my brother (7) and me (12) free reign of the property for most of the night, whether we wanted to stay in the hotel room or go to Downtown Disney or whatever, as long as we got back in time. Then she gave us both some money for dinner, making it clear that we return to her any change we had left.

So eventually we set off for Downtown Disney, but realizing how far a walk it was from PPH, we got sidetracked and ended up on the grounds of the DLH instead. We eventually ended up buying sandwiches at one of the poolside restaurants - I think it may have been the Lost Bar - and noticed that we had a little over $4 left in change between the two of us. So we decided to secretly split the money and get each of ourselves a spin on the Jungle Cruise boats. It felt so clever and rebellious at the time, so we had a lot of fun using the money steering the boats around. It was also a lot of fun because it was so new that all of the effects described here were working properly. Obviously, we said nothing of it when we got back to the hotel room, although I think my mom was suspicious that we didn't have any change left at all for a couple of sandwiches. )

Comment

Wasn't the whole loading dock building at D23? I don't remember if it was for sale or just on display.
                        Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X