Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

May 25, 2012: Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Play It!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 25, 2012: Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Play It!

Millionaire show on TV. Here at California Adventure, experience Who Wants to Be a Millionaire - Play It!

Please discuss it here.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Comment

Comment

I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

Originally posted by indianajack View Post
          Did Disney ditch the attraction due to poor turnstile clicks or because it was expensive to run with all those pins, t-shirts and occasional grand prize? I'd bet it was the latter...
          Interest in Millionaire was waning at the time, and the main issue with the DCA version was the passholders. The "Dog Pound" and other groups came to the attraction all the time, and were super smart - locking out random tourists. That removed some of the point of the show. Yea, it was expensive to run - but with only a few shows a day - it couldn't have cost that much.

Again, this will always be my favorite Disney attraction ever - because it was perfect to the show.
          -Monorail Man

Comment

sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
            Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Comment

Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
                Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

Comment

Originally posted by Not My Real Name View Post
                  Werner, there were two ways to get to the hot seat and the other way was to play along with the first contestant from your seat and score more points than anyone else. I played along from my seat and managed to get to the hot seat twice. Both times, I made it past 32,000 and got two hats and two shirts, which I still have.
                  Interesting. I was not aware of that option.

Was it tat way from day one, or was that a later enhancement?
                  Werner Weiss
                  Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X