Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Small world is bugging me.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cjedwards44 View Post
    It might be just me but the paint job on its a small world is kind of boring. The white and gold is old news. I'd prefer a colorful facade or even since it's the diamond celebration I think they could have easily done something with that huge entrance, maybe include twinkling diamond lights on the garden animals in front.. Or something! Anybody else agree?
    Perhaps a quick google search will show Small World did indeed have multiple colors to match the nearby Toontown when it opened in 1994. So .. when they reverted back to the original white/blue/gold color scheme ... they must have thought ... the multiple colors was a bad idea .. and thought the original color scheme is actually "classic" looking. And has stayed that way since. Same with Space Mountain. 1998 was repainted to look more brown .. just to be reverted back to it's original "classic" white.

Disney seems to go in these cycles. They try something different ... just to realize it was a mistake .. and just go back to what it was before.

I'm waiting for them to do the same with the Disney character set up in Small World, and the PotC film references in the PotC ride.

Both unforgivable to me. For Small World ... the point of the ride was to show ... One World, One Moon, One Golden Sun, ONE people. At the moment it's a Vanity Ride after all ..... as the attention runs from one distinguishable character to another. The ride is meant to point to distinguishable countries, preserving an even "platform" between it's peoples. PotC is doing something similar .. It's vanity adventure .. courtesy Jack Sparrow. It's all about him. As the ride features him in several scenes, and dialog inserted FOR him, from other AAs. The original soundtrack for PotC is EXCELLENT. More atmospheric and mood setting than the soundtrack music from the film.

From Classic .. to Trendy .. back to Classic!
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 11-07-2016, 05:04 AM.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Working...
    X