• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YeahBoyee
    The Park Nerd
    • Nov 2013

rip iin piece brave lad : Innoventions

Rip
    Last edited by YeahBoyee; 03-10-2021, 04:35 PM.
  • 1000thHappyHant
    New MiceChatter
    • May 2014

Re: rip iin piece brave lad : Innoventions

Whatever it is going to be, I'm am 99.9% positive we are going to get an announcement at D23 this year. They are doing major work to it and it doesn't make sense that they wouldn't have an announcement this year.
    Come Along, Pond!
    :mob:

Comment

• Tomorrowland_1967
      Artistic integrity
      • Mar 2009

In the time that it's been closed ... as of this week .. the exterior remains the same. Only a small area on the turntable level was shown to have a part of the wall removed. They are probably doing some reshuffling of walls inside. My guess is it's going to remain as the same similar format as it was before. My bets it's going to be exhibit space for "something".

What that "something" is ... is anyone's guess.

I don't see how this building would have anything to do with a new Peoplemover. If they brought it back in some new form .. chances are it would use the same boarding station as before.

I just don't want to see any more Marvel or Star Wars elements. If they did use it for some temporary exhibit space for what the company wants to do with it's ownership of Lucas Film.. then fine. A permanent, longterm solution for this building ... needs to be something that actually fits the theme of the land. The film "Tomorrowland" has shown plenty of elements that would look far more superior than sith lords from the dark side hanging around, or super heroes out to save New York for the umpteenth time.
      MY SIGNATURE:
      Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

• bexbullet
        New MiceChatter
        • Aug 2015

Looks like we have our answer - it's going down the AT-AT hole along with ToonTown.

Comment

• Wandering Optimist
          Optimistic
          • May 2015

In all honesty I could see it being a temporary Disneyland Exhibit (using stuff from the Archives exhibit at D23), A scaled down version of the Star Wars meet and greet thing that's going into Shanghai DL, Or some other rotating exhibit space. The Top floor is most likely going to stay Marvel or Mostly Marvel
          --------------------
          Edit: Turns out it's going to be the Star Wars Launch bay (at least the bottom floor is)
          Last edited by Wandering Optimist; 08-15-2015, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Big D
            Expert Churro Salesman
            • Feb 2008

It's such a shame. When they first announced Innoventions, they explained it to us cast members as an ever changing exhibit that showcased the latest real technology that wasn't just some far-flung dream but was actually going to be coming out within 6 months. The idea was that all of the exhibits would be changed out every 6 months so that it was always previewing the latest technology that was just around the corner. And it wasn't supposed to be just a Best Buy promotion, but it was supposed to show how those technologies would work together to improve our lives and improve the world. It was essentially supposed to be the promise of Spaceship Earth. I thought sounded like one of the best things Disney had ever done, and I was so excited for something that was going to present a hopeful and optimistic future, and not just show how things might be in the future, but actually present real things that were just right around the corner. I even applied for a transfer and interviewed for a position at Innoventions because I wanted to be a part of it so badly.

Then it opened.
            Disneyland Cast Member
            Outdoor Vending
            1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:

http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X