Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues

The MiceChat staff is listening to your PM's and the notes provided in the flagged posts. We will provide more information in a post that will be published no later than Sunday night, 6/23/19. The link will be provided here.
See more
See less

What food do you miss from Yesterland?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingGoofy3612 View Post
    I remember back when Frontierland had a McDonalds themed wagon train where they gave out their great fries. They took it out around 2009. Memories.
    Yes!!! Since they only had fries, the cast members always had the time to cook them perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Figment56 View Post

When we get nostalgic about how little everything used to cost, let's not forget that the average hourly wage in the US was under $3 an hour in 1967 when The Bayou opened. With that said though, the price increases on food overall for the last 10 years in the parks far exceed the actual cost increases for raw materials and labor. But I stray off topic.. Most recently, I miss the all you can eat BBQ from Big Thunder Ranch. They have also changed the menu at Carthay Circle and not for the better. They had a great filet with grilled toppings than was nixed from the menu.
      $3 in '67 would be around $21 in today's dollars.

$2 in '70 for the sandwich would be around $12 today, plus you wouldn't get charged for sharing back then.

Sometimes (many times?) I hate Disney.
      L + L = R

Comment

Originally posted by OhBoy89 View Post
        Where rancho Del zocalo is now, it used to be a Mexican joint sponsored by Lawry's..... That place was amazing! Enchiladas and tacos mmmm
        And before that, it was sponsored by Fritos. They had a great little piece of cheesecake that I liked. Nothing special or fancy, just perfect for what I liked.

Comment

Big Thunder BBQ was sooo good (just a bit pricey.)

I'm really sad that the Mediterranean food left Paradise Garden Grill. Those skewers were my absolute favorite, and the sauces were all amazing. I especially loved the orange blossom baklava.

Reaching back further, for the short time that Aladdin's Oasis had an Aladdin show, I remember the amazing dessert that they had - a chocolate magic lamp. Yummm!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
            I'm really sad that the Mediterranean food left Paradise Garden Grill. Those skewers were my absolute favorite, and the sauces were all amazing. I especially loved the orange blossom baklava.
            https://disneyland.disney.go.com/din...n-grill/menus/

Still there.
            Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Comment

Originally posted by whiteness View Post
              The page may still be up, but MiceAge reported that it closed recently...

Comment

Link?
                Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Comment

A favorite was pretty much anything at the Casa de Frito's.
                  Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

I don't know how recent you mean but I ate the Mediterranean skewers there last month.
                    "In Hell, everybody loves popcorn."

Comment

Aunt Jemima's pancakes. I have always liked pancakes, still do, but somehow the pancakes in the park always seemed to taste a little sweeter. I guess it was Disney magic. My mom and I used to eat there before riding any rides. Fond memories.

Comment

Not from too long ago, but Eidelweiss snacks had this 20oz bbq pork shank. So tender and big enough to share.

Comment

Big Thunder BBQ, I loved eating those ribs and chicken legs. Sad it got replaced. It was truly how BBQ should’ve tasted like.

Comment

1. the lemon bumblebee cupcake from Hungry Bear

2. the chicken soft tacos from Rancho Del Zocalo (was a savory combo of well seasoned chicken, onions, bell peppers, cheese) -- they were replaced with street tacos

Comment

They no longer sell mozzarella sticks at Stage Door/Golden Horseshoe, so I miss that already.

Also, they used to sell an obscure candy that no one else seems to remember except me called "Splatter Balls". They looked like tiny jawbreakers, but you bite into them and it would crumble into a sweet-tart flavor and consistency.
                              Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

Not me, but my wife. She used to always buy a bag of green apple flavored gumballs from the shop in Critter Country, or the Mainstreet Candy Shop. It was always her favorite treat. She wasn't interested in any of the other flavors. Just green apple. Well, a few years ago, they stopped selling the green ones in a bag by themselves. We look every time, but they have never returned.
                                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post

Try $2.00. And this menu from 1970 will give you some idea of how great Disneyland's Blue Bayou dining selections used to be:
                                  Oh, man. I am in love with that menu. I need to go look at the current menu and see how much French verbiage is on it.
                                  WDW - 87, 89, 02, 09, 12, 13, 14
                                  DL-‘96, ‘97, ‘99, ‘17

Comment

River Belle Terrace made to order breakfast and eggs any style.

Comment

French Market while Stouffer's was the sponsor.
                                      Quality of the food was excellent.......
                                      Now it not the same.....
                                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Post removed.
                                        Last edited by Blurr; 03-08-2019, 12:44 PM.
                                        First of all, the name's not "Zippy"! As a matter of fact, I don't believe I've ever met another bot named Zippy, so one can only assume that you came up with "Zippy" in reference to my speed, which may be technically accurate, but lacks a certain creativity!

Comment

Working...
                                        X