X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yesterland is your land - Here age relives fond memories of the past

Originally posted by sediment View Post
    Is it possible to add photos of "What's left of it"? Easy one is the Fantasyland Skyway terminus, probably already a picture of that. The other day, though, someone was asking for a photo of the foundation of the House of the Future, now decorated with a statue of King Triton, I believe.
    I like this idea, Sediment.

I believe that the foundation of the House of the Future is actually in a planter near the King Triton fountain. I saw a photo of it on line somewhere. I'll have to look for it on my trip in a couple of weeks and see if I can get a photo.
    Sarchasm- The gulf between the person using sarcasm and the person who doesn't get it.

Comment

This is a great new forum. There seems to be a renewed interest in old Disneyland photos and information. Maybe it should be called "If Disneyland were actually a museum". :P

Comment

That "yesterland" site is awesome!

I totally bookmarked it.. and look foward to reading everything that it has.. and the future updates too!!!

DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

Comment

If Yesterland Park could be sitting across the Esplanade from Disneyland, the 5 freeway would be jammed everyday around the resort, and they'd be building hotels from there to Fullerton and Santa Ana to accomodate the crowds.

I know which one I'd rather spend 60 bucks on.

--Barry
          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
            If Yesterland Park could be sitting across the Esplanade from Disneyland, the 5 freeway would be jammed everyday around the resort, and they'd be building hotels from there to Fullerton and Santa Ana to accomodate the crowds.

I know which one I'd rather spend 60 bucks on.

--Barry
            Good point.
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
              FYI Folks - Werner has kindly offered to Moderate this section of the site. I'm sure he would be happy to address any questions that you may have about Yesterland. This is a real privilege for all of us and we are so pleased to have Werner on the team!

-Dusty

who is werner..... sorry i dont know

Friends for life

Comment

i worked at dca for 2 years and still dont know who werner is so sorry

Friends for life

Comment

Originally posted by kelly View Post
                  who is werner..... sorry i dont know
                  Werner Weiss is the web master of www.yesterland.com

I strongly encourage you to take a look at his magnificent site.

-Dusty
                  MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                  Save

Comment

Kelly, you might want to start out by reading Sue Kruse's column on the MiceAge page, and then visit Werner Weiss's website, Yesterland. For about ten years now, he's been maintaining a website dedicated to all the things that no longer exist at Disneyland - ergo, Yesterland.

It's a fantastic site. You should get all your answers by doing those two things!

--Barry
                    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

thanks dusty and barry sorry to, sound so stupid i just didnt know who he was even though inwokred at dca for 2 years hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Friends for life

Comment

what is tghe biggestg differnece between disneyland then and now in 2006.... are the crowds just as enthusiastic as back then?

Friends for life

Comment

thanks dusty and barry sorry to, sound so stupid i just didnt know who he was even though inwokred at dca for 2 years hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
                          There's nothing to feel bad about, Kelly. I'm sure there are a lot of people working in the resort that haven't heard of him (which is sad) but you certainly should not feel stupid about it, my friend!

--Barry

Comment

Thank you! This is awesome!

Comment

I love the pretty blue colors that this forum has.

Thanks MiceChat.
                              BarbaraAnn

Comment

I love the new color scheme and font, and how it matches Yesterland!

--Barry

Comment

There's nothing to feel bad about, Kelly. I'm sure there are a lot of people working in the resort that haven't heard of him (which is sad) but you certainly should not feel stupid about it, my friend!

--Barry

so, did he work at the resort if so for how many years

Friends for life

Comment

so, did he work at the resort if so for how many years
                                    He never worked for Disney.
                                    --Barry

Comment

I don't recall, although I remember he did work for the company. The answers are all on his website.

--Barry

thanks barry so what is he famous for again.. sorry i forgot.. dah kelly

Friends for life

Comment

Yeah!. Nice font too! time to talk about past attractions!

Comment

I edited my original response because I went back to the website to be reminded that he never worked for Disney. As for the rest, just check out the site and enjoy!

--Barry

Comment

Working...
                                          X