X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yesterland is your land - Here age relives fond memories of the past

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I edited my original response because I went back to the website to be reminded that he never worked for Disney. As for the rest, just check out the site and enjoy!

--Barry
    thanks barry all can say is wow

thanks so much

Friends for life

Comment

It's not an attraction, but I have talked a lot around here about the original Cafe Orleans...first named Sara Lee Cafe Orleans in the early 70's. It was a wonderful table service sandwich shop and ice cream and dessert place exactly where the "new" Cafe is now.

Why they ever closed the original and replaced it with a buffeteria is beyond me.

I'd love to see more pictures of that restaurant (One of the ones I used to serve in my years working in the New Orleans Main Kitchen)...

--Barry
      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

i am listening to wishes dreams come true (the fire works song) then off to bed for me.. i am soooooooooooo tired

nite nite everyoine

Friends for life

Comment

Nite Kelly...sweet dreams of Yesterland!

--Barry
          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

It's not an attraction, but I have talked a lot around here about the original Cafe Orleans...first named Sara Lee Cafe Orleans in the early 70's. It was a wonderful table service sandwich shop and ice cream and dessert place exactly where the "new" Cafe is now.

Why they ever closed the original and replaced it with a buffeteria is beyond me.

I'd love to see more pictures of that restaurant (One of the ones I used to serve in my years working in the New Orleans Main Kitchen)...

--Barry
            why do thye change things that people loved hmmm

nite nite everyone

Friends for life

Comment

Yeah! Yesterland and Micechat! Yersterland was the first Disneyland website i found on the internet that i fell in love with. (so many years ago now!) Great addition!

Comment

Well change is not always bad, and Walt Disney did say that Disneyland would never be complete.
                BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                  Well change is not always bad, and Walt Disney did say that Disneyland would never be complete.

I agree to this the most. I can say that I miss certain rides or maybe a show that I wasn't able to catch. But they are not really a solid miss. I also think change is not always bad, too.
                  Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

I'm so glad Yesterland is part of the MC family now! It's one of the first Disney sites I found and eventually led me here to MC. Welcome!
                    <o>

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                      On the other hand, if you have something that is working well, and that guests really like, keeping things the same isn't always bad, either. "If it ain't broke"...

--Barry

Comment

On the other hand, if you have something that is working well, and that guests really like, keeping things the same isn't always bad, either. "If it ain't broke"...

--Barry
                        Three of my favorite restaurants are in Yesterland:
                        1. Big Thunder Barbecue.
                        2. Tahitian Terrace.
                        3. Town Square Cafe (previously the Hills Bros. Coffee House).

Comment

Originally posted by 10-97 View Post
                          1. Big Thunder Barbecue.
                          2. Tahitian Terrace.
                          Oh, I would have a feeling I would have liked Big Thunder Barbecue.
                          Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

where can i find videos/pictures for country bear jamboree (disneyland)

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

Comment

...Yesterland, gotta love it!!

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

Comment

Welcome! Both "Yesterland" and Mr. Weiss.

I've enjoyed your site for many years.
                                "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                                -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Originally posted by 10-97 View Post
                                  1. Big Thunder Barbecue.
                                  2. Tahitian Terrace.
                                  Was it Town Square Cafe, before or after it was the American Egg house, sponsored by the American Egg board (the incredible, edible egg ad people)? Used to love watching the guy cook the eggs in that glass enclosure (although I never would have wanted that job myself).

--Barry

Comment

Mr. Weiss thanks so much for making Yesterland. It's great to read about all the classic attractions that some of us would not know about otherwise. It's a great service you do and it's great that you teamed up with MiceAge!

Comment

Originally posted by khfan View Post
                                      Mr. Weiss thanks so much for making Yesterland. It's great to read about all the classic attractions that some of us would not know about otherwise. It's a great service you do and it's great that you teamed up with MiceAge!
                                      I echo you khfan both accounts.

Welcome Mr. Werner to MiceChat and thank you for creating such a great site as Yesterdayland. I have used it for years as a memory aid for all the fun attractions I enjoyed as a kid and also as a history resource for all of the Disney creations that I was not able to experience. Thank you and I look forward to enjoying this *new* area of MiceChat!

PS - kudos on the blue/white formatting with matching Yesterdayland fonts!

Comment

Werner,

I just want to thank you for Yesterland. It's not only a great resource but a very well designed site. I spent about an hour at work today reading through most of it. It's great, really.

Thanks again!

Comment

http://davelandweb.com/mainstreet/diagram.html
                                          See vintage & current Disneyland photos, 24/7
                                          http://davelandweb.com/disneyland
                                          http://davelandblog.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                                          X