Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues

The MiceChat staff is listening to your PM's and the notes provided in the flagged posts. We will provide more information in a post that will be published no later than Sunday night, 6/23/19. The link will be provided here.
See more
See less

Captain EO

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Captain EO

I want in on this game, I was 9.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

in 1988? I was 12

Ta Da!

Comment

Originally posted by claribella View Post
        in 1988? I was 12
        You got me beat by 1 year!

Comment

Wonderful! So I'm the GEEZER here. Great - just great. I'm plucking the white hairs I found in my temples, sideburns and the one on my chest! I will always be 24.

Comment

I was 20 in 1988. My now husband and I went on our first DL vacation together that summer. I remember seeing Captain EO for the 1st time. I still have the poster!

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
              Wonderful! So I'm the GEEZER here. Great - just great. I'm plucking the white hairs I found in my temples, sideburns and the one on my chest! I will always be 24.
              No GEEZER worries, Disneyland Daddy, in 1988 I was 28!
              We went to the 72 hour opening party for Captain EO and never saw it. There were just too many other things to do for this Washington State visitor. Come to think of it, I've never seen Captain EO. I think MJ was just a little too out of my age range. I've tried watching it on YouTube, but it never really has captured my imagination.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

I was 13 in '88 , and Capt EO holds a special place in my heart, because I'm mostly blind in my left eye and I had never been able to see 3D movies (blue/red glasses). I always felt so left out, but then one magical day at DL Michael Jackson, one of my favorite stars at the time gave me the gift of seeing my first 3D movie with the new type of 3D glasses and this awesome movie..THank you DL ,Michael,George lucas and all involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Momzilla59 View Post
                  We went to the 72 hour opening party for Captain EO and never saw it. There were just too many other things to do for this Washington State visitor.
                  Time for another geezer check - in 1988 I was 24. I was also at that opening weekend party! (Momzilla, maybe I saw you - what were you wearing?) I definitely saw EO that weekend, and many times after that. I remember thinking the in-theater lasers were SOOO cool! And I had that rainbow t-shirt for many years afterward...

- Johnny
                  "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." - BB

Comment

I was 19 in 1988, I loved the show, it was really loud, but that was part of the experience.

HDAlien
                    HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
                    "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

Comment

Originally posted by Goin2DL View Post
                      I was 20 in 1988. My now husband and I went on our first DL vacation together that summer. I remember seeing Captain EO for the 1st time. I still have the poster!
                      Originally posted by Momzilla59 View Post
                      We went to the 72 hour opening party for Captain EO and never saw it. There were just too many other things to do for this Washington State visitor. Come to think of it, I've never seen Captain EO. I think MJ was just a little too out of my age range. I've tried watching it on YouTube, but it never really has captured my imagination.
                      Originally posted by JohnnyQuest View Post
                      Time for another geezer check - in 1988 I was 24. I was also at that opening weekend party! (Momzilla, maybe I saw you - what were you wearing?) I definitely saw EO that weekend, and many times after that. I remember thinking the in-theater lasers were SOOO cool! And I had that rainbow t-shirt for many years afterward...

- Johnny
                      Originally posted by HDAlien View Post
                      I was 19 in 1988, I loved the show, it was really loud, but that was part of the experience.

HDAlien
                      Ok ok - then I'm just a GEEZ. The "ER" will come in a couple years! HA HA.

Comment

Working...
                      X