X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nov. 17, 2006: Not-So-Temporary Epcot Hand & Wand

Originally posted by florales View Post
    I was just at Epcot and was amazed by the size... I like the wand,hand and The Epoct logo actually it sorta gives the park a brand of some sort, for some reason when I went to that park it didn't seem very disney, I guess I wanted to see more of the Characters around...... BUT.... HMMMM.....

Stitch.... he's an Alien.... It works Spaceship earth... Stitch...Spaceship earth... Stitch..... I vote Stitch... Spaceship Stitch! LOL!!! I love it!!!!!!!
    And the thing that I always loved about Epcot is that it isn't "Disney" in the tradtional sense. It used to have no characters and movie tie-ins and was more for the adults and I love that. For a while it used to be if you wanted all that you could just go to the Magic Kingdom. I never liked the excuse of the wand "Giving Epcot a Brand". I've heard it so many times and I don't see how adding an ugly sign on top of the Spaceship Earth accomplished that. The way to build a brand is to build great attractions and to stay true to the original vision. Of course this has not been the case for many years now.

Honestly some of those photoshops just scared me! Especially the mike and stitch! lol.

Comment

Speaking of, where is Taggart with his Ep-ity-cot photoshop complete with hat and all?

Comment

Not sure why they keep it? Who is in support of the Hand/Wand?

It's just an eyesore on a beautiful work of art such as Spaceship Earth.
        -----------------------------------------------
        DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

The article states that the Epcot logo used on the wand is not a logo used past or present. This is not correct. The logo was used for a short time in the early 90's (I think not long before Epcot 94 and Epcot 95). I have the packaging from a World Showcase decorative plate that has the logo on it. Why they thought that using a old logo would make the project any more acceptable is beyond me. But I've always thought it interesting that they dug back in time and resurrected an old logo for this one project.

Comment

Comment

I'm hoping the wand and hat over at Disney-MGM is on Iger's "To-Do" list. It's probably right under "Fire Jay Rasulo" and "Fix the Disney Channel". Hopefully the latter is not above the wand/hat on the list because it could take a while to fix that abomination called the "Disney" Channel, what is so "Disney" about it I'll never know.

Comment

Working...
              X