This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halyx- the Wookie Band.

I would like so see some photos of the Starwars-esque band Halyx that played on the Tomorrowland Stage.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Re: Halyx- the Wookie Band.

http://entertainment.webshots.com/ph...46324542MUFzCN
    http://entertainment.webshots.com/ph...46324542eVdshu
    http://entertainment.webshots.com/ph...46324542UojEtx

Hope the links work...these were press photos that were released in a press package. I still have the 8x10's! Oh, and 2 performances on audio.

Ted

Comment

Wow, I so don't remember that! Looks like a bunch of Kroft SuperStar refugees, :lol:.
      A signature should go here.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieP. View Post
        Wow, I so don't remember that! Looks like a bunch of Kroft SuperStar refugees, :lol:.

I don't remeber that either!! But your reference to Kroft cracks me up!:lol:

When did the Wookie Band play the Tommorrowland Stage?
        "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
        I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

Comment

I do remember going to see them. They look cheesier than i thought, thanks! All we need now are some mp3's of their set.
          "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

I'll post some mp3's. Is there a site I can upload to so I can link here? I don't know how to paste them directly. The recordings are converted from portable casette to 8-track to wma. to mp3...but it'll bring back memories if you were there.

Comment

Halyx info from the book Mouse Tracks: The Story of Walt Disney Records

----------------------------------------------------

Another voice heard for the first time on Mousercise belonged to Lora Mumford, whose arrival at Disneyland/Buena Vista Records began when the company decided to develop a rock band, given the name Halyx. "It was like Star Wars meets the Banana SplitsMousercise was her Disneyland Records debut.

... <snip>

[Talking about Sport Goofy]
              Gonyea's inspiring "You Can Always Be Number One," belted out by Lora Mumford at her most powerful, did indeed become the official Sport Goofy anthem, used in television specials and music videos for several years. It made its debut on vinyl on the 1983 Disneyland Records release Mickey Mouse Splashdance, an album with a unique history of its own.

-----------------------------------------------------

There are two small B&W photos. The first is a piece of art similar (very similar!) to the original Hildebrandt Star WarsStar Wars and the Banana Splits,' was Buena Vista Records' aborted attempt to get into the true rock market." The second is a photo of Lora, with the Wookie-like bass player behind her, pointing to the lead guitarist, with the caption, "Lora Mumford, seen here in a live Halyx performance, sang the Sport Goofy theme, 'You Can Always Be Number One,' appearing on the Mickey Mouse Splashdance LP in 1983."

Unfortunately I don't have a scanner, but if you really want, I could try to take a photo of the page with a digital camera.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieP. View Post
                More like rejects. :lol:

Wow that's just.... wow. The hair! OMG the hair!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X