Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues

The MiceChat staff is listening to your PM's and the notes provided in the flagged posts. We will provide more information in a post that will be published no later than Sunday night, 6/23/19. The link will be provided here.
See more
See less

Dec. 12, 2006: Mary Blair Tile Murals

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dec. 12, 2006: Mary Blair Tile Murals

Originally posted by WiCKMaN View Post
    Well, at least some parts of the mural have been removed, since pieces of broken tiles have been used in the Bella Notte restaurant at Disneyland Resort Paris. So, it seems that the murals at Tommorowland aren't intact...
    Do you have a picture? that would be great!
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

I remember seeing SOMEWHERE on the net pictures of them covering the Mary Blair murals (I believe )during one of Tomorrowlands renovations. The murals were still there although they were damaged by beams used to hold up the current murals that hide them today.

I agree they dont really go with the current Tomorrowland theme but I think they are a work of art and should be removed from their current location and reconstructed somewhere else in the park. Since they remind everyone of 'Its a Small World" around that area may be the place to display them. Do I see Disney taking such measures to preserve this work of art...NO. But its really something that should be done.

Another chatter said something about some of the tiles from the mural being used in a paris resteraunt? If anyone can expand on that id be interested to hear more about that.

Comment

The only way to get the tiles off the wall is to destroy them - it's a simple, but sad fact. The one on the Star Tours one has been completely destroyed, but they went to great pains to keep the Buzz one at least partially intact.

Comment

Working...
        X