Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

March 26, 2007: The Yacht Bar

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 26, 2007: The Yacht Bar

What's a Yacht Bar? And what's it doing in Yesterland? Find out here!
    Link to The Yacht Bar.

Please discuss it here.

(There will be a banner for this new Yesterland entry on MiceAge.com on Monday, March 26. People who read this MiceChat board will know about it a few days sooner.)
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Re: March 26, 2007: The Yacht Bar

I can honestly say, I never even knew such a place existed. Nice work Werner!

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Wow! This is one thing I do not ever remember even hearing about at Disneyland...and it was there for 9 years! Thanks so much Werner, I've finally been stumped!

Comment

"You should plan on spending around a dollar for a meal."

I'm just not sure that I can feed a family of 5 on that kind of outrageous price. C'mon $5, now way :P
        Kenny the Pirate
        AKA Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
        Disney Dream Job Pirate Winner 2007
        Full WDW character and show schedules: www.kennythepirate.com
        Follow my adventures on twitter: www.twitter.com/kennypirate

Comment

I remember those fiberglass rounded chairs. Have to love inflation.What a deal for a pizza!
          1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

I am astounded with the stuff Yesterland finds!!! Great work and terrific pictures!
            "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
            I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

Comment

I never heard of this place!! I love it, I want to go eat there right now.

Comment

Man oh man are we getting ripped off now-a-days. Those prices are crazy! Im willing to bet that the food was pretty darn good too.

Comment

Bring back the Yacht Bar. And Mister Thurston Howell. Lovey!!!!!!!!
                  "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

A whole meal for a $1.05? That was then...

...this is now (well, ok, this was aout 5 years ago)...
                    The closest deal to that I've seen is in Reno where you can get a Hot Dog and beer for about $2.50!

Comment

What I would find REALLY interesting is to know how many ounces a Small and Large drink were back then. Nowadays, a Large is a gut-busting half liter. Those cups in the picture look pretty tiny. My guess is the drinks were 8 oz and 12 oz.

As for the fiberglass chairs with built-in table, I bet at least 30% of Disneyland's current adult customer base couldn't squeeze into them.

My favorite thing about all the Yesterland pictures is seeing how adults and kids alike dressed up for a day at Disneyland, as if they were going to church. Yes, they probably sweated a bucket in July, but it's charming in a way that will never happen again in our lifetime. Kinda sad.

Comment

I'm curious how those prices translate into today's prices given inflation, I mean those prices seem very cheap at the same time I know that salaries and general expenses were much less back in that day.

But very interesting find, something I had never heard of before (Althought it predates me a bit as I wasn't born till 68), and it was neat to hear some of the prices on concessions at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by evainefaye View Post
                          I'm curious how those prices translate into today's prices given inflation, I mean those prices seem very cheap at the same time I know that salaries and general expenses were much less back in that day.

But very interesting find, something I had never heard of before (Althought it predates me a bit as I wasn't born till 68), and it was neat to hear some of the prices on concessions at that time.
                          According to on-line inflation calculators, $1 in '57 (first year of operation) would buy $7.17 today. $1 in '66 (last year of operation) would buy $6.18 today.

So - assuming the prices were from '57, translated to today:
                          Chili Dog or Shake - $2.87
                          Fries or Large Coke - $1.79
                          Milk or Small Coke - $1.07
                          Sub - $5.37
                          Shake - $2.87
                          Dole Whip - $Priceless

I couldn't resist throwing in some more numbers:

In '66, an E-ticket cost 60 cents. That would be $3.71 today. Would you spend $3.71 to go on any of today's E-rides? Compared to the ride price of the state-fair rides, that may be a bargain.

A $5 "Deluxe" ticket book (which included admission) would cost $30.88 today.

By 1984, ride tickets were history, and a full day unlimited admission was $27.50. That would be $53.67 today - quite a bit less than reality.

Comment

Thanks for the calculations Brian that really puts the article into perspective.

Comment

I love seeing the things that you do not hear about all the time. Thanks for showing me something new.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X