X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 2, 2007: Disney Celebrates Epcots 25th Anniversary

It almost didn’t happen at all.

I has there on October 1, 2007. I enjoyed my day—but Epcot's 25th anniversary could have been so much more.

Please discuss it here.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TheManator View Post
        I very much enjoyed reading your article of my favourite Disney park - I wish I could have attended!
        I really enjoyed the day. Marty Sklar's one-hour presentation was the highlight for me. I also enjoyed seeing Kevin Yee again and meeting Deb Wills and other web journalists, print journalists, bloggers, and podcasters for the first time.

By the way, the headline on MiceAge said, "Almost Just Another Day." Some people read that as a claim that was there was hardly anything special at Epcot that day. (That was how I originally read the headline.)

In fact, the headline meant that originally nothing was planned for guests, and that we almost didn't get anything special that day.

The good news is that it wasn't "just another day" after all. I'm not sure if credit for the change goes to the Epcot fans on the Internet or to new Epcot VP Jim MacPhee or to a combination of both. In any case, the 25th anniversary was celebrated well on October 1.
        Last edited by Werner Weiss; 10-04-2007, 04:56 AM.
        Werner Weiss
        Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Comment

Comment

Brian Martsolf [email protected]
            Big Brian's Disney page www.bigbrian-nc.com
            Postcards, Podcasts, and Trip Reports... Mousin' It Up! since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian-nc.com View Post
              I had a great time on 10/01/07, seeing the Marty Skylar talk was one of the hightlights (and I'm pleased to say I was able to use the audio from that as an episode of my podcast), another great thing was just having Disney fans around me all day .
              I agree!!!!
              Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
              I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
              on Bay Lake.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X