Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Event

Tickets for MiceChat's annual Knott's Scary Farm meetup are now on sale. Event info can be found here - scaryfarm2017.eventzilla.net
2 of 3 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply.
3 of 3 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

I'm doing Disneyland research for a co-worker

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm doing Disneyland research for a co-worker

I did a search and didn't find this, so I'm sorry if it has been discussed before.

My co-worker was telling me about going to DL in the 1960's and seeing Pocahontas pouring fire down a waterfall, and the whole thing lighting up. She claims her memory isn't the best with this, but she remembers seeing this as a kid. Is there any truth to this, or are her memory and imagination playing tricks on her?

Thanks for your help!

Re: I'm doing Disneyland research for a co-worker

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
    I did a search and didn't find this, so I'm sorry if it has been discussed before.

My co-worker was telling me about going to DL in the 1960's and seeing Pocahontas pouring fire down a waterfall, and the whole thing lighting up. She claims her memory isn't the best with this, but she remembers seeing this as a kid. Is there any truth to this, or are her memory and imagination playing tricks on her?
    If your co-worker is remembering the 1960s, it wouldn't be Pocahontas from Disney's 1995 animated feature, Pocahontas.

There was a Pocahontas stage show at Disneyland from 1995-1997. See http://www.yesterland.com/spirit.html
    Last edited by Werner Weiss; 11-09-2007, 08:14 AM.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions

Comment

Re: I'm doing Disneyland research for a co-worker

Hmm... that makes sense. I knew there was no waterfall in the Indian Village, and I know she wasn't referring to the animated Pocahontas. It may have been the Tahitian Terrace. IDK. I'll have to talk to her on Monday.

Again, she was a kid at the time (in the 60's) and claimed her memory might have been a little hazy on the details...

Hopefully we can get some others in here that might know some other details.

BUT, thank you for your help.
      Last edited by dland_lover; 11-03-2007, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X