X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DarthBrett78
    replied
    Originally posted by stovk View Post

I wonder if it was Peter Renaday. He also did the voice of Henry (Country Bear Jamboree) and the Columbia Sailing Ship.
    I don't believe it was him as he would have only been 24 or 25 at the time. Also, I don't think he started doing work for Disney until the late '60s, 10 years after the Subs' narration was recorded. Not to mention the voice didn't even sound like Pete's at all, either.

Leave a comment:

• sbk1234
    replied
    When I was a wee lad, I recorded the soundtrack (on cassette no less) on one visit to to the Park. When we returned home from vacation, I "built" the ride in our basement. Using my limited artistic skills at the time, I drew and painted large murals on long sheets of butcher paper. Then I posted the murals, one on each wall facing each other. Then, with the help of my Dad, made a crude periscope and mounted it to a Radio Flyer wagon. You would sit in the wagon peering through the periscope at the murals while another person pulled you though the "ride" and the soundtrack played.

As far as I was concerned, I was at Disneyland. Ah. The imagination of a child.
    That is amazingly awesome!!!

Way back in the ancient days when I was a kid, my favorite game was to pretend going to Disneyland. When you only went once every couple of years, and there was no internet/Youtube videos to give you a fix, this was all you had to hold you. We didn't have the artistic skills like you mentioned, but I remember pushing friends in a red wagon, and narrating as best as I could remember all of the different attractions.
    You're bringing back a lot of memories for me!

Leave a comment:

• DLHMFAN
    replied

I wonder if it was Peter Renaday. He also did the voice of Henry (Country Bear Jamboree) and the Columbia Sailing Ship.
    I don't know if we'll ever know who did the voice. It was 60 years ago this year when the soundtrack was recorded.

Leave a comment:

• stovk
    replied
    When I was a wee lad, I recorded the soundtrack (on cassette no less) on one visit to to the Park. When we returned home from vacation, I "built" the ride in our basement. Using my limited artistic skills at the time, I drew and painted large murals on long sheets of butcher paper. Then I posted the murals, one on each wall facing each other. Then, with the help of my Dad, made a crude periscope and mounted it to a Radio Flyer wagon. You would sit in the wagon peering through the periscope at the murals while another person pulled you though the "ride" and the soundtrack played.

As far as I was concerned, I was at Disneyland. Ah. The imagination of a child.

Leave a comment:

• stovk
    replied
    Originally posted by DLHMFAN View Post

I wish I knew who did the voice of the captain in the original Submarine Voyage attraction. I listen to the soundtrack a lot.

Leave a comment:

• DisneySpaceAce
    replied
    My last ride was Dec 31st, 1997, went on NYE with a couple of friends when I was in high school.

Leave a comment:

• DLHMFAN
    replied
    20 years ago today the Disneyland Submarine Voyage closed. Nine years later, we got Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage.

Leave a comment:

• DLHMFAN
    replied
    By the way, this upcoming September 8th will be the 20th anniversary of the Submarine Voyage's Closing. It's hard to believe they closed that long ago, but they did. At least the subs themselves are up and going to find Nemo.

Leave a comment:

• DLHMFAN
    replied
    I looked on Wikipedia and there is no information on the voice actors. I think one of the subordinates was voiced by the late Javier Xtencio himself.

Leave a comment:

• Ortizmo2000
    replied
    Sorry. No idea. I'm assuming you've googled and wikipedia'd it to death already.

Leave a comment:

• DLHMFAN
    replied
    Originally posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    Got to be a Sub pilot back in the pre-Nemo days,1989-90.
    Still remember my trainer on day one congratulating me on a "great dock".
    Good times.
    Did you by any chance know who did the voice for the Captain in the original Submarine Voyage attraction? I know it wasn't Paul Frees or Thurl Ravenscroft.

Leave a comment:

• Ortizmo2000
    replied
    Got to be a Sub pilot back in the pre-Nemo days,1989-90.
    Still remember my trainer on day one congratulating me on a "great dock".
    Good times.

Leave a comment:

• DLHMFAN
    replied
    Today is the 19th anniversary of Disneyland's Submarine Voyage Thru Liquid Space's final voyage. Has it been that long?

Leave a comment:

• maddox121
    replied
    Originally posted by DLHMFAN View Post
    At least the Submarine Voyage wasn't completely removed like the Skyway. At least you can still ride.
    Agree!

Leave a comment:

• mqpickles
    replied
    Jingle Cruise is a fun change-up.

Leave a comment:

• DLHMFAN
    replied
    With Hyperspace Mountain, you miss the Michael Giaccino score. With Haunted Mansion Holiday, you miss the Ghost Host and Marble Busts. With Its a Small World Holiday, you don't miss anything.

Leave a comment:

• sbk1234
    replied
    I'll agree that I'm not too fond of ANY overlay, except It's a Small World Holiday. But only because it still maintains the integrity and feel of the original ride.

Leave a comment:

• DLHMFAN
    replied
    I have to say I miss Space Mountain more. The subs then and now don't have Star Wars crud in it.

Leave a comment:

• sbk1234
    replied
    I really miss that ride. No, it was not a thrill a minute fast ride like Space Mountain, but there was nothing else like it. It was immersive in a way that none of the other attractions were. No TV screens to look at. Only real, actual props. The effects were somewhat corny, but IMHO, that was also part of the fun.

Leave a comment:

• DLHMFAN
    replied
    At least the Submarine Voyage wasn't completely removed like the Skyway. At least you can still ride.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X