Where are we?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deadwinterskies View Post
    Did that ever have permanent bench seating?
    Over the years it had folding chairs, and later permanent bench seating, IIRC. I also recall it as having no seating, standing-only, early on... but I may be mistaken on that.

Looking at the photo again, though, I think it's more likely the Fantasyland Theater. I don't remember the TL Stage having that section divider. And if the camera was level when the photo was shot, then the upsloped floor is for sure the FL Theater -- the TL Stage audience area was flat.

Thanks indydisneyfan for a good memory-puzzler!!
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

"I didn't know the story of baby Jesus could be any better,
    until Thor told it to me."
    -
    Young girl at Disneyland's 2017 Candlelight Ceremony
    narrated by Chris Hemsworth

Comment

• The old Tomorrowland stage us correct. I did not take you all very long to get this one.

Comment

• In all my years of being a DLR nut I don't think I've ever actually seen Tomorrowland Stage while empty, so I never even knew it ever HAD chairs...
        ---
        Once Upon a Time, in Anaheim... Anaheim, California...

DLR 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1985, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2008, 2012 & 2013 with 2015 later this year...

Comment

• Originally posted by indydisneyfan View Post
          The old Tomorrowland stage us correct. I did not take you all very long to get this one.
          Agh! I shouldn't've reversed my vote!

- Neil Gabler

-

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Agh! I shouldn't've reversed my vote!
            and how many time's I done that .....LOL
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

The old Tomorrowland stage us correct. I did not take you all very long to get this one.
              Wasn't that called the Space Stage? Before Space Mountain, there WAS a Tomorrowland Stage, but it was not as far southwest as the Space Stage was.

Comment

• Originally posted by VintageMouse View Post

Wasn't that called the Space Stage? Before Space Mountain, there WAS a Tomorrowland Stage, but it was not as far southwest as the Space Stage was.
                I was around when they had the old Tomorrowland Stage Before Space Mountain.
                Then they built Space Mountain ,long with a new Tomorrowland Stage,but the area around Space Mountain was know en as space port!
                I have never heard of name of Space Stage.....but there was a Space Place , were you was able to buy food.
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• From 1967 to 1977 it was called Tomorrowland Stage. When Space Mountain was built it was redone and renamed the Space Stage which is what it remained until 1985 when the Magic Eye Theater took over that area.

http://www.yesterland.com/tomorrowstage.html
                  ---

DLR 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1985, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2008, 2012 & 2013 with 2015 later this year...

Comment

• Who knew my one little old photo would give us so much history.
                    I too was around for that stage before Space Mountain, all though I was a little kid.
                    I can remember my parents being very excited to see (this will date me) Ray Stevens play on that stage.

Comment

Who knew my one little old photo would give us so much history.
                      I too was around for that stage before Space Mountain, all though I was a little kid.
                      I can remember my parents being very excited to see (this will date me) Ray Stevens play on that stage.
                      Who knew that sharing one little photo would open up such a rich conversation on the history of this Great Park, and the surrounding neighborhood? So nice to have this quiet little corner where we can pay homage to a time when the experience and memories​ were what mattered. Not the money. Not the headcount.
                      "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

• Tomorrowland Stage entertainment listing from Summer 1970...

Click image for larger version

Name:	2011summer1970a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	8513477

- Neil Gabler

-

Comment

• Originally posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post

Who knew that sharing one little photo would open up such a rich conversation on the history of this Great Park, and the surrounding neighborhood? So nice to have this quiet little corner where we can pay homage to a time when the experience and memories​ were what mattered. Not the money. Not the headcount.
                          Little off topic, I got to go to the park with my eight year old Grand Daughter last year. It was the first time I had been since the 90's and moving full time to Indiana. While I experienced the park through the magic she was experiencing,it seemed so much had changed from when I was a child going with parents, and growing up in Anaheim. Thanks for the thread and for the chance to relive some old memories.

Comment

• Compare the Tomorrowland Stage...

Name:	tomorrowstage.jpg
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	8513612

... to the Space Stage...

Name:	tomorrowland-stage-1024x794.jpg
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	8513613

Space Stage did have a more "permanently futuristic" look to it while Tomorrowland Stage looked just like a stage you could see anywhere. (tried to find a pic of the Tomorrowland Stage empty, but everyone always mislabels the TL Terrace Stage as TL Stage... so no luck)
                            ---

Comment

Tomorrowland Stage entertainment listing from Summer 1970...
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	2011summer1970a.jpg Views:	1 Size:	129.2 KB ID:	8513477

love your fact card Summer 1970,Mr Wiggins
                              Last edited by Eagleman; 05-26-2017, 08:30 PM.
                              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Shall we resume?

"The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

• Argh. It's like a song you're heard before, but can't quite remember the title.

Click image for larger version  Name:	d8a5a2b7b1abfc025f32b7fc7dadde26.jpg Views:	1 Size:	28.8 KB ID:	8513796

- Neil Gabler

-

Comment

• Originally posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
                                    Shall we resume?
                                    Gullywhumper?

Comment

• ^ By George, I think he's got it! The keelboats!

- Neil Gabler

-

Comment

Argh. It's like a song you're heard before, but can't quite remember the title.

Click image for larger version Name:	d8a5a2b7b1abfc025f32b7fc7dadde26.jpg Views:	1 Size:	28.8 KB ID:	8513796

I think to long...I HURT my self !

I go long with the The keelboats!
                                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

I think to long...I HURT my self !

I go long with the The keelboats!
                                          Right, it might be the other keelboat. Now why couldn't I remember "keelboat"? Getting old...

Comment

Working...
                                          X