Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Country Bear Jamboree

I actually miss this attraction.

Me too. The one time I went to WDW, I had to go see the CBJ, the CoP and the Peoplemover. Miss them all.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Need to get my butt to Florida. I really miss this show.
      "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

I'm in the minority here, but I'm glad it's gone. I saw it in Florida a few years ago and it didn't do anything for me. My daughter (9 months old) loved it.

Comment

I absolutely miss it. I think Disneyland is lacking in this type of variety of attraction. Almost everything is some kind of a ride. The only exceptions I can think of are Tiki Room, and Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln, which isn't a musical show. I know the kids love the thrill rides, but there's room in Disneyland for attractions that everybody in the family can enjoy. Even those of us with medical concerns.
          We saw Country Bears when we were in Florida last year. The kids, ages 11, 13, and 17, liked it as much as my wife and I. They also loved the People Mover, but that's a whole other thread.
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

This style of attraction are what really stood out as 'Disneyland' to me. Disney always had the best animatronics, and their shows (Tiki Room, Lincoln, Country Bear Jamboree, and especially America Sings) were my favorite thing to see. I liked the way they took the time to program in so many extra movements and little details into all of the characters.

Comment

16 years ago today, Country Bear Playhouse gave its final performance to make way for Winnie the Pooh.

Comment

In 1972, it was a modern-day marvel. Disney did a great job creating 'Vacation Hoedown' and 'Christmas Special' but the novelty of sitting and watching animatronics sing just doesn't work in 2017.
                Jim in Merced CA - former cast member at Walt Disney World, Walt Disney Imagineering and Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim in Merced CA View Post
                  In 1972, it was a modern-day marvel. Disney did a great job creating 'Vacation Hoedown' and 'Christmas Special' but the novelty of sitting and watching animatronics sing just doesn't work in 2017.
                  Really? I never got tired of that act. And, with today's technology, they could have added additional songs and done random "sets", so you'd never know what you'd get each time. Like Star Tours.

In fact, a "dinner theater", with Country Bears continuously doing randomly chosen sets, with breaks in between, would be so cool. I would totally love eating Big Thunder Ranch BBQ and watching something like that. With voice recognition, they could maybe even take "requests" from the audience.
                  Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Comment

Originally posted by whiteness View Post

Really? I never got tired of that act. And, with today's technology, they could have added additional songs and done random "sets", so you'd never know what you'd get each time. Like Star Tours.

In fact, a "dinner theater", with Country Bears continuously doing randomly chosen sets, with breaks in between, would be so cool. I would totally love eating Big Thunder Ranch BBQ and watching something like that. With voice recognition, they could maybe even take "requests" from the audience.
                    Now your talking. I like that idea. I haven't been to WDW since the 80's but I heard they only have one theater compared to DLR's two. Is that correct?
                    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Originally posted by MRaymond View Post

Now your talking. I like that idea. I haven't been to WDW since the 80's but I heard they only have one theater compared to DLR's two. Is that correct?
                      Never been, but that's what I read. My family looked forward to Country Bears every visit. It was the one attraction that everyone could invariably agree on doing together.
                      Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Comment

Working...
                      X