Announcement

Collapse

The Future of the MiceChat Forums

See more
See less

America Sings press release record found at a thrift store!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America Sings press release record found at a thrift store!

So I went to a local thrift store yesterday and found a ton of records published by Disneyland records among the usual Frank Sinatras. Most of them were just little storybook records or christmas records, but among those I found three America Sings records, each different. One of them was wrapped in cellophane still, so I picked up that one and one that was already open to buy so I'd have one to listen to and one to display, but on my way to the register I started reading the wrapped one and started screaming with excitement when I saw the text on the back that said "A Souvenir of the Press Preview Grand Opening - June 30th 1974"

And the best part? It was 59 cents

Anyways here's some pictures of it! I thought you'd all appreciate it over here. I also got some other records from the Disneyland label including Robin Hood, Aristocats, Trick or Treat (which has a bit off the story and sound of the Haunted Mansion!), and Misty the Mischievous Mermaid

• Eagleman
    replied
    Congrats!
    Great find......A Souvenir of the Press Preview Grand Opening - June 30th 1974"
    Amazing!

Leave a comment:

• Mr Wiggins
    replied
    Just a suggestion to the OP -- as much as I and other fans would love to hear this recording, its rarity as a collector's item -- to yourself and to anyone else who has acquired one -- will be enhanced if the audio is not posted on the internet.

Just sayin'.

Leave a comment:

• maddox121
    replied
    Do you have a record tape of the incident.

Leave a comment:

• laferney Road kid
    replied
    prescott is a wealthy retirement community, so folks from the west coast would retire in the area. being a paper collector, myself, many press releases are found in estate offerings it may have been released to a radio station or TV station and then retires just packed everything to prescott, here in salem oregon, I saw a priceless , one of a kind autograph collection in relationship to redenbacher popcorn at disneyland. It was given to the family for a good deed done by the receiving family of the large autographed poster, so it was not for sale. I had done a visual appraisal of their brand new Disney collection, told them that it was worth 30 cents on the dollar for what they had purchased the last 20 years, but if they sold the poster, they would recover all their purchase prices. on their common brand new purchases.....but the poster was historical .......all of this out in the middle of Oregon farm land.

Leave a comment:

• Disney Boy
    replied
    Originally posted by VMKaquamerine View Post

It's called Stepping Stones and it's actually in Prescott Arizona. Pretty far from Disneyland, I have no idea how the record got there! But yeah, definitely check out thrift stores any time you can! It's amazing what things you can buy for a handful of change
    I bet there have been many non-Disney-geeks who've bought DL memorabilia and forgotten about it over the years. Then when they found it again they decided to get rid of it or sell it, which is lucky for us lol. I'll be on the lookout for sure! Thanks for responding

Leave a comment:

• VMKaquamerine
    replied
    Originally posted by Disney Boy View Post
    Btw, what was the name of the store? Is it near Disneyland?
    It's called Stepping Stones and it's actually in Prescott Arizona. Pretty far from Disneyland, I have no idea how the record got there! But yeah, definitely check out thrift stores any time you can! It's amazing what things you can buy for a handful of change

Leave a comment:

• Disney Boy
    replied
    How funny, I was recently talking to somebody about thrift stores and why they're so popular. Now it's confirmed, I will be a thrift store geek when I get the chance!

Btw, what was the name of the store? Is it near Disneyland?

Leave a comment:

• Samareck
    replied
    You hit a bloody gold mine! This is why I love thrift stores.

Leave a comment:

• Ortizmo2000
    replied
    That is one HELL of a find! Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• Figment56
    replied
    One of my favorite attractions back in the day! It amazes me that they built that many AA figures for an attraction that was designed to be somewhat temporary from the start. We need to bring back more of the Marc Davis style of story telling...

Leave a comment:

• Mr Wiggins
    replied
    Truly awesome! I'm an insane collector of DL audio, and didn't even know that item exists!!!

Leave a comment:

• deadwinterskies
    replied
    Awesome find.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X