Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Time to get rid of Peoplemover/Rocket Rod Tracks

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLHMFAN View Post

The track as it is not reuseable. The Rocket Rods made sure of that. Eventually the track will become a Skyway Chalet type of hazard and will have to come down.
    Look at my initial post. The track is not usable for an attraction as it is not structurally sound. Disney has found a way to use the tracks for other things rather than incur the enormous cost of tearing it down. It will come down in the future but probably not until it's time to completely redo TL.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. P View Post

Look at my initial post. The track is not usable for an attraction as it is not structurally sound. Disney has found a way to use the tracks for other things rather than incur the enormous cost of tearing it down. It will come down in the future but probably not until it's time to completely redo TL.
      Disneyland is only using a small portion of the track. They could put the flags and lights on the buildings themselves. Disneyland should have taken the track down while they were working on the Submarine Lagoon.

Comment

The track is not reuseable. If it was, Disney would have an attraction on it by now. 17 years of nothing tells me the track is beyond salvage.
        Did you read my post? I never said anything about reusing the track. I'm only commenting on the economics of demolishing a structure when there is nothing to replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by stovk View Post

Did you read my post? I never said anything about reusing the track. I'm only commenting on the economics of demolishing a structure when there is nothing to replace it.
          I did read the post. I don't think I ever said about eliminating the tracks immediately. The timeline was to do it before the track becomes a safety hazard,

Comment

I think they are ways to do something interesting inside the Carousel of Progress building if Disneyland cared about it. That's a huge space that could be used without destroying the building. The People Mover tracks are tricky. I'd be good with removing them if a replacement was part of making Tomorrowland better. Just taking them out because they can't be used (and not replacing them) is my fear. Disney has been doing that a lot, and Disneyland needs more attractions to deal with the growing crowds. Once Galaxy's Edge opens, I'm hoping that Disney will take a look at Tomorrowland and make some efforts there.
            The Tomorrow Society - A blog and podcast that takes a smart look at Disney and other theme parks from a fan's perspective

Comment

Disneyland is only using a small portion of the track. They could put the flags and lights on the buildings themselves. Disneyland should have taken the track down while they were working on the Submarine Lagoon.
              I agree that lights and banners can be placed on the buildings. Demolishing the tracks require either long term sectional closures of TL or entirely closing TL long term. At this point it's cheaper to leave the tracks in place.

Comment

I agree that lights and banners can be placed on the buildings. Demolishing the tracks require either long term sectional closures of TL or entirely closing TL long term. At this point it's cheaper to leave the tracks in place.
                As long as the track doesn't start cracking up and break, there should be no problem. I'm just saying the Peoplemover/Rocket Rod track should be removed because it may become a safety hazard.

Comment

As long as the track doesn't start cracking up and break, there should be no problem. I'm just saying the Peoplemover/Rocket Rod track should be removed because it may become a safety hazard.
                  From everyone I have spoken with at Disney the tracks will be coming down. No one know when it'll happen but they will come down. Like I said; my thoughts are that nothing will be done until they decide to completely make-over TL.

Comment

From everyone I have spoken with at Disney the tracks will be coming down. No one know when it'll happen but they will come down. Like I said; my thoughts are that nothing will be done until they decide to completely make-over TL.
                    I'm relieved that Disney is aware of this. It's a shame though.

Comment

I'm relieved that Disney is aware of this. It's a shame though.
                      Personally I'd love to see it completely updated and rebuilt with up to date technology with the exception of the old speed tunnel. I'd love to see that just as it was.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X