Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 5, 1967 - Adventure Thru Inner Space

"Suspended in the timelessness of inner space are the thought-waves of my first impressions. They will be our only source of contact once you have passed beyond the limits of normal MAG-NI-FI-CA-TION!"

52 years ago today, Adventure Thru Inner Space opened in the newly renovated and updated Tomorrowland of Disneyland. ATIS can trace its roots back to "Walt Disney's Disneyland" episode, "Our Friend The Atom" in 1957. Walt always wanted an "Atomic Themed" attraction and after the positive reception of the first demonstration of controlled thermonuclear fusion in Progressland's "Skydome Spectacular" show, the planets aligned and ATIS was born.

ATIS was also the first ride with an Omnimover system and proved to be an efficient way of moving guests through an attraction; so well, as a matter of fact, that the same technology was used for the Haunted Mansion and later named, "Doom Buggies"

For those who have never experienced ATIS, there is a great Virtual Ride Through of Adventure Through Inner Space, created by Steve Wesson.

Nice my first memory of Disneyland is being terrorized about being shrunken down on this attraction. I still remember looking at the microscope and screaming to not go on it LOL. Parents made me go on it and then we went again LOL. I was 6 I think or around that age.
    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
    My company had a special night at the park
    WdW trip report with WWoHP
    NYE 2011 trip report
    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
    Leap year 24 hour report
    New DCA trip report
    NYE 2012
    HKDL trip report

Comment

Working...